A few random thoughts while I wonder why MLB still plays these stupid extra-inning games in the regular season...
- Posted my story that I've been working on for a little while that explains why the Patriots are steaming mad at Jack Easterby and (by extension) the Texans, and how the team might be looking for a little revenge come Dec. 1.
- The big question is how irked Bill Belichick is by the move. I don't think he's very happy, but my sources were mixed on the subject.
- Won't rehash the story here. It's all in there.
- The other big news is that Al Horford is leaving the Celtics. I'm stunned and a little hurt. Love Horford as a Celtic and thought he was a perfect piece to regroup with, and to bring the kids along. Now that's all gone, on top of Kyrie.
- I mean, I understand he told B-Robb that the most important thing to him was winning a ring, but I didn't think he'd actually do it at the end of the day. But there will be plenty of cap space for him somewhere. And I don't blame the Celtics for refusing to go past three years.
- Now what the heck is Danny Ainge going to do? Could his job be on the line? I mean, this was his whole orchestration and it failed miserably at the end of the day, and now the Celtics need to reset ... unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.
- The Red Sox lost 4-3 in 17 innings this morning. They left like a billion runners on base.
- Count me among the crowd that thinks it's beyond stupid for MLB to play extra innings in the regular season. Just adopt the international tiebreak: runner on second, nobody out and play from there. It even brings strategy into it. Nobody wants to be at the park for five hours for one of 162 games.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: Why the Patriots are burning mad at Jack Easterby and the Texans
Podcast: Bedard talks Patriots, Texans, Easterby and coaching staff 06.18.19
First and 10: Patriots steamed at Easterby, Gronkowski welcomed in Buffalo, and much more
A disastrous 12 months: Five thoughts on Al Horford’s departure and what the Celtics do next
Live Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics offseason at 5 p.m. Wednesday
Podcast: B-Robb talks Horford’s departure on Adam Jones Show
Al Horford is expected to leave Celtics as free agent
What would it take for Celtics to move up to No. 4 for Darius Garland?
What’s next for Celtics after Al Horford declined his player option?
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics' offseason
8 p.m.: NHL Awards (NBCSN)
8:10 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Twins (NESN)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.