A few random thoughts while I wonder if Kyrie Irving's reported upcoming meeting the Celtics will be something out of Good Will Hunting ...
- Rick Porcello and the Red Sox announced their presence in Minnesota with authority as they blanked the Twins 2-0 to win their sixth straight game.
- It was actually a well-played game, and finished well under three hours. So yay baseball!
- And considering how the Twins are ravaging the AL Central and have the best record in baseball, this was a very significant win. We'll see if they can finish it off and win this series.
- Good timing by the Red Sox finally getting hot now that the Bruins season is over. Alex Cora is a genius.
- I was pretty surprised that Don Sweeney sounded so adamant that both Torey Krug (especially) and David Backes are seemingly in the plans for next season.
- Everyone knows I'm a huge Krug fan, but Backes? Dump that salary on Ottawa.
- B-Robb on the D'Angelo Russell-Celtics rumors.
- I would be stunned if Al Horford doesn't return to the Celtics.
Time to hit the links...
McAdam: Red Sox make a statement with shutout of Twins in series opener
BSJ Game Report: Red Sox 2, Twins 0 – Porcello, bullpen shut down high-scoring Twins
Live Q & A – Chat Red Sox and MLB with Sean McAdam, Tuesday at 5 p.m.
First and 10: Chat recap, the latest from Miguel, and a ton of Patriots links to start your day
Podcast: Price talks Patriots, Nick Caserio with Adam Jones on 98.5 06.18.19
Miguel’s Mailbag 06.17.19: Questions on Rob Gronkowski, Ben Watson, Patrick Chung and more
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — McAdam on Red Sox/MLB
8:10 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Twins (NESN)
10 p.m.: SOC — Gold Cup: US vs. Guyana (FS1)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.