A few random thoughts while I wonder if the Yankees will acquire King Kong next...
- So, yeah, the Red Sox swept the Orioles ... that's all that needs to be said about that.
- Seriously, how does Baltimore even have a MLB team anymore? That's one of the worst teams I've ever seen ... and I covered the post-1997 Marlins from time to time.
- Loved what I was able to watch of the US Open this weekend. Gary Woodland has some onions. That 3-wood from 263 yards he hit on 14, and then the lob wedge on the 17th green ... amazing.
- And Brooks Koepka just went runner-up, winner and runner-up in the first three majors. That guy is just tenacious. It's like he has a gameplan to slow play the first three rounds and he executes it perfectly.
- Smart move by LeBron and Co. to land Anthony Davis, and pay that ransom. LeBron doesn't exactly have a lot of time left and Davis gives him the best shot at another title.
- I'm fine with Danny Ainge not parting with Jayson Tatum, but you have to wonder if they'll ever get the combination lock right on personnel. They're always missing one number — from the Irving and Hayward injuries, then Kyrie being a fraud, to now not getting Davis. I don't know how much it has to do with not wanting to play here. I think it's been mostly circumstances and some bad luck. But that doesn't make it feel any better.
- The Yankees added Edwin Encarnacion to Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton, who should be back soon from injury. Smart move, considering the Red Sox are coming for them at some point.
- More on the Texans-Patriots brouhaha coming up a little later.
Time to hit the links...
McAdam: In winning ugly Sunday, Red Sox realize a long sought-after, short-term goal
BSJ Game Report: Red Sox 8, Orioles 6 – With six runs over last two innings, Sox escape with a sweep
MLB Notebook: Why baseball is stuck with umpire Angel Hernandez
NFL Notebook: Tug-of-war over Caserio underscores value, uniqueness of Patriots’ personnel man
First and 10: Battle over Caserio done – for now – but what does future hold for all parties?
Live Q&A: Talk Patriots with Price, Monday at 5 p.m.
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Price on Patriots/NFL
8:10 p.m.: Red Sox at Twins (NESN)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.