A few random thoughts while I wonder if we really have to start talking about this Red Sox team on a regular basis now ... #PatsComeBackSoon
- Pretty much everything that needed to be said about last night's game was said here by Conor, and my thoughts are here.
- I don't know about you, but I don't want to talk about Tuukka today. The Bruins scored their only goal with about 3 minutes left. You really can't talk about the goalie.
- Marchand, Krejci and Bergeron may not get over this one if they don't make it back. It was right there for them.
- Man, Ryan O'Reilly is good.
- Does anyone else see Cato from Hunger Games when you look Colton Parayko?
- This isn't supposed to happen. This is like Bill Belichick and Tom Brady losing a Super Bowl to Doug Pederson and Nick Foles — without having all the other Lombardi Trophies to look at. You just don't expect it. It sucks. At least the Celtics bowed out to LeBron and Giannis — elite players — the past two seasons. The Bruins lost to Pat Maroon and David Perron. Yuck.
- Boston lost to St. Louis. Wut...
- Before the game, it looked like the State Police were amassing a small army at Bunker Hill CC.
- There's a lot going on with the Celtics, and B-Robb is right in the middle of everything. Keep up here.
- The tampering charge filed against the Texans by the Patriots reeks of a Hail Mary/gum-up-the-works move by the Patriots because they know they really have no ground to stand on to block Nick Caserio's possible hire by Houston. This gives them more time to put the Josh McDaniels Squeeze on Caserio. But, really, Caserio has no personnel authority in New England, and never will as long as Bill Belichick's around. That being said, the NFL's rules on granting permission are very gray.
- Still, this also feels like the Patriots are, understandably, still a little miffed and hurt that Jack Easterby left for an AFC rival, and his reported feelings about Robert Kraft being charged with his "crime" while going out the door to Houston probably irked someone (and by someone, I mean Jonathan Kraft) and that person doesn't exactly let things go quickly (see: wellsreportincontext.com) when you attack the credibility of someone JK is close with.
- Easterby is new Eric Mangini. You ditch the Patriots, come back into Robert Kraft's home to get your ring, smile and hug everyone, and then try to steal Caserio out the door. Yeah, the Patriots aren't exactly going to let that just happen, Benedict Easterby. Character Coach, huh?
Time to hit the links
Ryan: In a devastated Bruins locker room, the final chapters of a storybook ending were ripped away
Bedard: Bruins have to live knowing they didn’t play their best, and that will be tough to deal with
BSJ Game Report: Blues 4, Bruins 1 – St. Louis clamps down, top-6 negated again as B’s let Cup slip through their fingers
Video: Bruce Cassidy – ‘I don’t think we played the proper way to generate offense (in the 2nd) to give us some life’
Video: Charlie McAvoy – ‘One side is elation, the other side is nothing’
Video: Brad Marchand on 2nd goal – ‘I thought that guy was by himself so I went for a change’
Video: Patrice Bergeron – ‘For some guys, it could have been their last shot … it’s tough’
FINAL: Blues 4, Bruins 1 – Boston can’t overcome Binnington, sloppy offense
Completed Q&A: Conor Ryan on Game 7 & more Bruins news – 6.12.19
Why Mike Conley is an impractical Plan B option for Celtics
Live Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics offseason at 5 p.m. Thursday
Aron Baynes opts into player option, will return next season with Celtics
Winning Plays Podcast: Durant injury fallout, how will Celtics handle AD?
Kyrie Irving declines player option, will become a free agent
Rich Paul says any potential Anthony Davis trade to Celtics would be for ‘one year’
12:30 p.m.: PGA — US Open (FS1)
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on busy Celtics offseason
7:10 p.m.: Rangers at Red Sox (NESN)
7:30 p.m.: PGA — US Open (Fox)
9 p.m.: NBA — Game 6: Raptors at Warriors (ABC)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.