A few random thoughts while I wonder if Kyrie wants to team up with Kevin Durant after last night...
- A lot of emotions over at Fenway Park about the health of David Ortiz, who is now back in Boston to receive medical attention.
- On the field, Chris Sale continued to dominate but the Red Sox blew his victory when Matt Barnes gave up three straight hits in the ninth.
- The Red Sox have now dropped four of their last five games.
- That being said, I'm still not giving up hope for the division title. They'll get hot.
- A thoroughly entertaining Game 5 in the NBA Finals as the Warriors coughed up a huge lead, but came back to stave off elimination.
- One of the all-time dumbest timeouts was called by the Raptors with 3:12 to play as Kawhi Leonard was absolutely unconscious while scoring 10 straight points during a 12-2 run to take a 103-97 lead. Even this idiot knew the timeout was a bad idea, for whatever Nick Nurse decided to take it ("We had two free ones that you lose under the three-minute mark, and we just came across and just decided to give those guys a rest," he said)
- Of course, Golden State scored the next nine points to take the lead.
- Clint Capela and the Celtics?
- Anthony Davis and the Celtics?
- Can't believe Game 7 is still a day away. Come on already...
- Karson Kuhlman making Bruce Cassidy look like Alex Cora last year.
Time to hit the links
McAdam: Red Sox reeling in the aftermath of David Ortiz shooting
BSJ Live Q&A: Sean McAdam on Red Sox/MLB, 5 p.m.
BSJ Game Report: Rangers 4, Red Sox 3 (11) – Sox don’t support Sale and bullpen lets one get away
2 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — McAdam on Red Sox/MLB
3 p.m.: Women's World Cup — US vs. Thailand (Fox)
7:10 p.m.: Rangers at Red Sox (NESN)
7:30 p.m.: US Open Cup — Revolution at Red Bulls (ESPN+)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.