A few random thoughts while I wonder if anyone is paying attention to the Red Sox (Royals ... delightful)...
- So the reports are not good for Zdeno Chara (broken jaw) playing in Game 5. Nothing would surprise me with that guy. He is the ultimate hockey warrior, but I think Thursday night is really pushing it.
- If the Bruins don't have Zee, I don't think that really changes much. Sure, he'll be missed on the penalty kill, but the Blues are so bad on the power play it will be hard to tell.
- And it's not like the Bruins have suffered all that much when Chara hasn't been in the lineup in the past. They usually move their feet and the puck a little better — Chara has been rough getting the puck out of the zone under pressure in these playoffs — and the Bruins have been fine defensively when they've had all six finish a game.
- Will be interesting to see what combination Bruce Cassidy goes with. He can't help but be honest. Cassidy all but said he's going with seven and will piece it together. Plus, the additional practice time from here on out will aid the Bruins with prep work.
- Patriots looked sharp on the field yesterday. Will be interesting to see what goes on today, and if they even practice tomorrow (they had an event last year). Seemed to work out OK in the end.
- I can't believe how good Tom Brady looks. It's night and day from how he finished the season, when he looked very skinny and worn out. Again, it all worked out, but you can tell Brady is trying to avoid that again.
- Red Sox won again in Kansas City, a minor-league affiliate. Brock Holt makes a difference.
- What a finish to the college softball season last night. Worth catching on a replay.
Time to hit the links
Patriots Minicamp Report 06.04.19: Return of Tom Brady delivers jolt to offense
First and 10: A few leftover thoughts from Tuesday’s OTA session while we set the table for Wednesday
Miguel’s Mailbag 06.04.19: Questions on Jarrett Stidham, Julian Edelman, Rob Gronkowski, and how the Patriots can create more space
Video: Michael Bennett on joining Patriots, first impressions of New England defense, and his brother
Patriots Live Notebook: Tom Brady back on the field and looks sharp in OTA session
Video: Tom Brady and the Patriots’ quarterbacks in a passing drill
Video: Tom Brady takes the field for start of Tuesday minicamp practice
McAdam: Brock Holt and Eduardo Rodriguez combine to help beat back Royals
BSJ Game Report: Red Sox 8, Royals 3 – After slow start, Red Sox finally get it going, cruise to win
Completed Q & A: Chat Red Sox and MLB with Sean McAdam, Tuesday at 5 p.m.
Celtics get important look at potential first round picks in loaded workout
Celtics rumor notebook: Anthony Davis bidding begins, Marcus Morris suitors line up
Live Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics offseason at 5 p.m.
11:15 a.m.: Patriots practice (closed to public)
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics offseason
8:15 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Royals (NESN)
9 p.m.: NBA Finals — Game 3: Raptors at Warriors (ABC)
[table id=224 /]
I'm not going to apologize for loving college softball. What a game last night.
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.