A few random thoughts while I wonder if the Stanley Cup Final will ever get here...
- We finally cracked 10,000 subscribers overnight and we can't thank you enough for the support. Yeah, it's taken a little longer than we hoped, but this was a new venture and all of it is unchartered territory. When we started this, I never envisioned a huge site. Always figured this would be an intimate community made up of hardcore fans that prefer intelligent debate and study about their teams, and we've definitely achieved that. We weren't going to be for everybody — that was never the goal — that's OK. So far, so good and we'll keep trying to get better. But thanks so much for the support to this point, and we look forward to bringing more into the tent.
- BTW, if you missed out on Toucher & Rich's Bruins Superfan contest ... well, it was something else.
- I'm sure a few of them were in attendance at the soldout scrimmage last night. Highlights: Tuukka Rask allowed two goals, Brad Marchand left with a hand tweak, and David Krejci was sent home sick.
- Should be a strange series for former Blue David Backes.
- They were missing some key players and it's very early, but the Patriots look like they're on their way.
- Red Sox won again in Toronto, but now things get real for the Sox: they head into a two-week stretch where they face the Astros, Yankees and Rays.
- Marcus Smart is the Celtics' key trade asset.
- Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! And, remember, it's always Veterans' Day here at BSJ. Yes, we get behind from time to time depending on how busy it is, but we will push it through as soon as we can. Thanks!
Time to hit the links
Three takeaways from Bruins’ intrasquad scrimmage – Bullet dodged with Marchand
Video: Bruce Cassidy on scrimmage – ‘I thought we got our work done’
Video: David Pastrnak – ‘The fans were enough motivation for us to try hard’
David Backes once dreamed of bringing Stanley Cup to St. Louis – now, there will be no love lost
Bedard: Just a first glance, but Patriots a very impressive lot and other OTA thoughts
BSJ Live Q&A: Bedard on Patriots and everything else, 2 p.m.
First and 10: A few leftover thoughts on Thursday’s OTA session, plus more Patriots’ updates
Video: Jamie Collins – ‘It’s all business … I can’t fold, can’t give up’
Video: N’Keal Harry on being a part of the New England passing game
Video: Dontrelle Inman on getting up-to-speed in Patriots’ offense
Patriots Practice Report 05.23.19: Without Tom Brady, Patriots run through brisk OTA session
Marcus Smart is a key trade chip for Celtics, but giving him up won’t be an easy choice
Aron Baynes remains undecided on player option: ‘I want to be in the right situation’
Winning Plays Podcast: The Kyrie Domino Effect
2 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Bedard on Patriots and everything else
5 p.m.: WLAX — NCAA Semifinal: BC vs. North Carolina (ESPNews)
8:10 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Astros (NESN)
7:15 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Astros (FOX)
7:30 p.m.: MLS — DC at Revolution (NBCSB)
8:30 p.m.: NBA — Bucks at Raptors (3-2), TNT
Noon: WLAX — NCAA championship (ESPNU)
2:10 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Astros (NESN)
4:05 p.m.: MLB — Indians at Red Sox (ESPN/NESN)
8 p.m.: NHL — Game 1: Blues at Bruins (NBC)
8:30 p.m.: NBA — Game 7*: Raptors at Bucks (TNT)
[table id=224 /]
Great, another potential Patriots rival eliminated before they get started: the Packers are done with Rodgers doing this.
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.