RALEIGH, N.C. — Good morning!
A few random thoughts while I wonder if the siren the Hurricanes use really works...
- In case you fell asleep early last night, the Bruins did what they did the entire series against the Hurricanes — took some punches early, dosed out their own medicine in the second period, and finished it off in the third (really, the games were all the same) — and won 4-0 to complete the sweep.
- Not sure I could be more impressed with this group, especially the Core Five. Amazing they've been at this almost a decade and they're back where they started, favored for a bookend title.
- I thought Patrice Bergeron was just outstanding in this game. Took it up another level with Zdeno Chara out.
- How many people hate Kyrie even more today?
- Must be the native worrywart in me (it will always be there, sorry), but I'm worried about the layoff. The Bruins have been going nonstop and seem to get better with every game. Now they could sit upwards of 11 days before playing again. Can't be optimal.
- Look at the teams that have swept in these playoffs: Blue Jackets ... ousted by Bruins; Islanders ... swept by Hurricanes; Hurricanes ... swept by Bruins; now Bruins ... ?
- I think the Bruins want that other series over as soon as possible so ... go Sharks? (You know the NHL is going to give the Blues the next game after #handpassgate, so you can forget that)
- Elsewhere in Boston sports ... Matt Barnes is doing his job very well.
- Bruce Arena was introduced.
- I like this new Patriots running back. Look out, Sony?
- PS: You knew it was a good Boston sports night when Todd Gurley was on the siren. All that was missing was a confused Sean McVay muttering, "They're playing zone?!"
- Lotta Bruins fans in the building. Felt like a road Patriots game in November/December when Pats fans take over the lower bowl for the last 10 minutes.
Time to hit the links
Ryan: Belief & brotherhood have been hallmarks of 2018-19 Bruins, and it’s stronger than ever going into Cup Final
Bedard: Bruins’ Core Five headed for one more dance with the Stanley Cup
BSJ Playoffs Report: Bruins 4, Hurricanes 0 – B’s dominate ‘Canes to complete sweep, punch ticket to Stanley Cup Final
Video: Charlie McAvoy – ‘It’s crazy to think we’re going to the Stanley Cup Final … it’s a dream come true’
Video: Patrice Bergeron, Tuukka Rask and Brad Marchand on advancing to Stanley Cup Final
Video: David Backes – ‘It’s now a reality, we’ve got one team to beat’
Video: Bruce Cassidy – ‘Proud of the guys … I think we’ve earned the right to go to the Stanley Cup Final’
Video: David Krejci – ‘I feel like we have a really special group; it just really feels good’
Video: Matt Grzelcyk -‘Relentless … That’s what we talk about’
Zdeno Chara out for Game 4, John Moore set to slot in on blue line
FINAL: Bruins 4, Hurricanes 0 – Boston sweeps way to 20th Stanley Cup Final behind top line, Rask
1 p.m.: Golf — PGA Championship (TNT)
2:30 p.m.: Softball — Regional: BU at Florida State (SEC)
7:10 p.m.: MLB — Astros at Red Sox, NESN (McAdam)
8 p.m.: NHL — Game 4: Sharks (2-1) at Blues (NBCSN)
8:30 p.m.: NBA — Game 2: Raptors at Bucks (1-0) (TNT)
11:30 p.m.: Softball — Regional: Harvard at Arizona (ESPN2)
TBD: BSJ Live Q&A — Bedard on Patriots, Bruins and everything else
1 p.m.: MLS — Revolution at Montreal (NBCSN)
2 p.m.: Golf — PGA Championship (CBS)
5 p.m.: Preakness Stakes (NBC)
7:15 p.m.: MLB — Astros at Red Sox, FOX (McAdam)
9 p.m.: NBA — Game 2: Trail Blazers at Warriors (1-0) (ESPN)
10 a.m.: NHL — Worlds: US vs. Germany (NHLN)
1:05 p.m.: MLB — Astros at Red Sox, NESN (McAdam)
2 p.m.: Golf — PGA Championship (CBS)
3 p.m.: NHL — Game 5: Sharks at Blues (NBC)
7 p.m.: NBA — Game 3: Raptors at Bucks (TNT)
[table id=224 /]
Krejci to Bergeron to Marchand ... to the Cup Final.
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.