RALEIGH, N.C. — Good morning!
A few random thoughts while I wonder who Chris Sale ticked off...
- Insane atmosphere, insane game, insane performance by Tuukka Rask as the Bruins won their sixth straight game and are one victory away from returning to the Stanley Cup Finals.
- First, a word about PNC Arena. Have to give the Hurricanes their due ... they put on a great show. The tailgating was ridiculous outside — it was like going to an ACC/SEC football game ... in an arena. The sound system inside was booming. The lighting and effects were great. That stuff can get really cheesy and overwhelming, but they do a great job. And the fans ... they could have packed it in down 2-0, but they were into it the entire time.
- Bruins are one mentally tough group to keep winning in these places.
- What a performance by Rask, especially the first period when the Bruins easily could have trailed 4-0. It left everyone in awe. The Bruins are still the better team, but I think I could make the argument that if it wasn't for Rask, the Bruins could very easily be trailing in this series. Certainly if you swapped goaltenders, that would be the case.
- So I wouldn't go overboard about how good the Bruins have been to this point. They have the proverbial hot goalie. The Blue Jackets or Hurricanes could be doing this with Rask.
- What has gotten into Justin Williams? He's gone full Targaryeon.
- Dougie Hamilton officially took six shots ... felt like 36 with about two landing on frame. He has been pressing so much since the second period of Game 1. It's like he's trying to prove the Bruins and their fans wrong. Way too shot-happy.
- I said it during the game, but I'll say it again: The Bruins' fourth line is pain in the ass to the other team. That's the highest compliment you can pay the Merlots.
- Zdeno Chara had some jump last night. Not sure what got into him.
- Chris Sale had an all-time Red Sox performance ... and they lost.
- Bunch of homers ... and little else for the Sox.
- Weird NBA Draft Lottery. lololol Knicks
- Terry Rozier should never speak again.
- Dontrelle Inman sounds like a taller, slower Chris Hogan.
- Bruce Arena, come on down!
Time to hit the links
Ryan: How the Bruins weathered the storm down in Raleigh, and put themselves 1 win from Stanley Cup Final
Bedard: Tuukka Rask has left Hurricanes ‘at a loss for words,’ Bruins 1 game from Cup Finals
BSJ Playoffs Report: Bruins 2, Hurricanes 1 – Rask, PK stand tall to put B’s on brink of Stanley Cup Final berth
Video: Sean Kuraly – ‘(Wagner’s) been huge … been one of our best players’
Video: Brad Marchand – ‘Good spot to be in, but far from being over’
Video: Tuukka Rask – ‘I want to play calm, make myself look big … and make it look easy’
Video: Bruce Cassidy – ‘I wasn’t particularly happy with our compete level’ in first period
Video: Rod Brind’Amour – ‘(Rask’s) definitely the difference-maker, you can feel it’
Video: Patrice Bergeron – ‘We wanted a better start, but Tuukka was the big difference’
Video: Torey Krug – ‘You need all four lines to contribute to win playoff games, series’
FINAL: Bruins 2, Hurricanes 1 – Wagner, Marchand help B’s back Rask for 3-0 lead
Podcast: Conor Ryan talks Bruins/Hurricanes, NHL playoffs & more on The Chase Thomas Podcast
Podcast: Conor Ryan talks Bruins/Hurricanes on Boston Sports Blitz
Whether it be Mrazek or McElhinney in Game 3, Bruins goalie coach Bob Essensa has done his homework
Analysis: Once again, opportunity knocking for new Patriots’ WR Dontrelle Inman
First and 10: Thoughts on Dontrelle Inman, Kyle Rudolph, and Hjalte Froholdt, as well as all the updates from Foxborough
McAdam: Alex Cora opts for the big picture and Chris Sale’s bid for history is put on hold
BSJ Game Report: Rockies 5, Red Sox 4 (11) – Rockies overcome Sale’s historic night
Completed Q&A: Sean McAdam on Red Sox/MLB
Lottery produces mixed bag for Celtics after Pelicans claim No. 1 pick
BSJ Live Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics offseason at 5 p.m. Wednesday
Terry Rozier plays the blame game as he tries to talk his way out of Boston
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics' offseason
7:10 p.m.: MLB — Rockies at Red Sox, NESN (McAdam)
8 p.m.: NHL — Game 3: Sharks at Blues (NBCSN)
8 p.m.: MLS — Chelsea at Revolution, FS1 (Sweeney)
8:30 p.m.: NBA — Game 1: Raptors at Bucks (TNT)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.