RALEIGH, N.C. — Good morning!
A few random thoughts while I wonder if we're headed towards a sweep Down South...
- The vibe in the Tarheel State? (Other than no one really cares all that much about the Hurricanes) That the Hurricanes were left dazed and confused after getting punched in the mouth in Boston.
- Just check out some of the stories down here:
- Rod Brind'Amour thinks his team is mentally tired from their playoff push.
- Five points for the Hurricanes.
- Petr Mrazek was in the usual starter spot at Carolina practice, but a goalie change could still happen.
- Does any of that sound like a team that is about to get some home cooking and make this thing interesting? Doesn't seem like it.
- But the Hurricanes are 5-0 on home ice in the playoffs, and there are certainly things they can tighten up (how they handle the PK, matching up the Sebastian Aho line better with last change) to make things interesting, but it's going to be a tough haul against a Bruins team firing on all cylinders.
- That Bruins third line is really doing a number on the Hurricanes.
- Dustin Pedroia has another setback ... tough go for Pedey.
- I like this Patriots offensive lineman. Scouts rave about him.
- Ping-pong ball time for the Celtics!
- Revs finally fire Mike Bruns, and Bruce Arena is rumored to be coming in to handle all things soccer. Sounds like the Krafts are trying to get their futbol version of Bill Belichick.
Time to hit the links
The Bruins’ third line is rolling, and the Hurricanes may not have an answer for it
Bruce Cassidy previews Game 3: ‘We’re going to take hits to make plays’
Video: Chris Wagner – ‘I don’t think it matters to us, who’s scoring, as long as it’s going in’
Video: Brandon Carlo talks Game 3 in Raleigh, matching up with Hurricanes power play
Video: Charlie Coyle on Hurricanes crowd at PNC Arena – ‘We know that they’re going to be loud, they’re gonna bring it’
Fourth-round pick Hjalte Froholdt will benefit from post-grad year with Professor Scarnecchia
First and 10: Kicking off the week with all the latest Patriots’ updates
Completed Q&A: Price talks Patriots and team-building 05.13.19
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Sean McAdam on Red Sox/MLB
7:10 p.m.: MLB — Rockies at Red Sox, NESN (McAdam)
8 p.m.: NHL — Game 3: Bruins at Hurricanes, NBCSN (Ryan, Bedard)
8:30 p.m.: NBA — Draft Lottery (ESPN)
9 p.m.: NBA — Game 1: Trail Blazers at Warriors (ESPN)
[table id=224 /]
1-1 out West.
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.