A few random thoughts while I wonder if Kyrie will address the media if the Celtics lose tonight...
- So all eyes will be on the Celtics in Milwaukee tonight as they try to extend the series and get back home for a Game 6. Considering the state of the team, that's a tall order.
- B-Robb did a nice job taking apart Irving here. I mean, I have no idea what he was doing. Feels like he's burning down the house for some reason. I don't get it.
- For those who need a refresher, here's what the Celtics look like if Kyrie leaves in free agency. It's not good.
- Feels like Brad Stevens needs to do the coaching job of his life for the Celtics to win tonight. If Irving isn't doing what he's supposed to be doing, will Stevens bench him? These Celtics, minus Kyrie and Gordon Hayward, did beat this Bucks team last year.
- Bruins will be without Charlie McAvoy for Game 1 against the Hurricanes on Thursday night because of his suspension. Figured that would happen, for reasons we laid out here yesterday. It was pretty cut and dry. McAvoy lined up the player, the head was the main point of contact and the contact was avoidable. If someone did that to Patrice Bergeron, I know I'd want at least the same justice.
- The Patriots signed Jared Veldheer for tackle depth. I mean, he used to be a really good player before injuries ravaged him. We'll have to see what he has left in camp.
- Punter talk. It's almost stopwatch time.
- The Red Sox won ... think anyone noticed?
Time to hit the links
Charlie McAvoy suspended for Game 1: How will Bruins adjust for start of Eastern Conference Final?
A deeper dive into Tuukka Rask’s brilliance this postseason, early thoughts on Hurricanes and other leftover Bruins notes
Can fifth-round pick Jake Bailey break the mold when it comes to Patriots’ special teams approach?
First and 10: Another draft pick in focus, more depth for OL, and latest updates from Foxborough
Salary cap recap 05.07.19: Jared Veldheer signing lowers Patriots’ cap number
6 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics-Bucks
7:05 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Orioles (NESN)
8 p.m.: NBA — Celtics at Bucks (TNT)
8 p.m.: MLS — Revolution at Chicago (NBCSB)
9 p.m.: NHL — Avalanche at Sharks (NBCSN)
10:30 p.m.: NBA — Rockets at Warriors (TNT)
[table id=224 /]
Kind of a cool look behind the scenes from last night...
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.