A few random thoughts while I wonder how many Patriots fans will care if the Patriots trade out of the first round...
- Another spring day, another busy night in Boston sports.
- Quick turnaround for the Bruins as they'll start their series against Blue Jackets tonight.
- I think the schedule gives the Bruins a huge advantage, at least in the first two games. Columbus has been sitting around forever, getting cold after their strong finish to the regular season and sweep of the Lightning. The Bruins won the last two games over the Leafs and things seemed to have clicked for them — plus Tuukka was lights out.
- Caps are dead ... not sure the Bruins have ever had a better road to the Cup than this.
- The draft starts tonight, with the Patriots likely to pick sometime after 11 p.m. From talking with people around the league, most think the Patriots trade out of the pick.
- My view of the draft: no judgment on the actual players for at least a couple of years. But you notice the players they could have had (like Darius Leonard last year) and keep running scorecards.
- One thing that's known: Bill Belichick needs to get his groove back in the draft (although last year's class could wind up being pretty good). It's been six years since he's drafted a Pro Bowl player. Need more of those guys with an aging roster.
- Hey, the Red Sox finally had a laugher.
- And the Revs are ... not good.
Time to hit the links
10 pre-draft thoughts on Patriots and what they might do this week
First and 10: Taking you into the 2019 NFL draft with one simple question
Podcast: Price talks Patriots, draft with 92.9 The Ticket 04.24.19
Miguel’s Mailbag 04.24.19: Questions on Tom Brady, Shaq Mason, Patrick Chung, and more
Six for the 2019 Draft: Special teamers – Early, middle and late prospects that fit what the Patriots are looking for
Podcast: Price talks Patriots draft, offseason with Buffalo’s WGR Radio 04.24.19
Sweeney: Four takeaways from another Revs debacle – Friedel takes some blame
BSJ Match Report: Montreal 3, Revolution 0 – Late goals the difference for late-arriving Impact
Final: Montreal 3, Revolution 0 – Three late goals give Montreal the win; Revs put no shots on goal
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Conor Ryan on Bruins-Blue Jackets
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Bedard on Patriots/Draft
7 p.m.: NHL — Blue Jackets at Bruins, NBCSN (Ryan)
7:10 p.m.: MLB — Tigers at Red Sox, NESN (McAdam)
8 p.m.: NFL Draft, ABC/ESPN/NFLN (Price, Bedard)
8 p.m.: NBA — Denver at San Antonio (TNT)
9:30 p.m.: NHL — Dallas at St. Louis (NBCSN)
[table id=224 /]
Saves the day...
Wins the day...
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.