A few random thoughts while I wonder if 7 p.m. will ever get here.
- Ho-hum, just another Tuesday in The Hub.
- Game 7 between the Leafs and the Bruins. Don't really have a feeling on this one (already missed on my series pick: Bruins in 6). The Bruins should win, but I don't know what that means.
- The Leafs are the more talented team. They're deeper up front, their defense has been much-improved in this series (especially Morgan Rielly), the goaltending has been about even. 5v5 has been all about the Leafs. But the Bruins are more experienced and the tougher team.
- Also, for anyone who was a diehard Sox fan for years before 2004, you can't discount history ... and it ain't good for the Maple Leafs. That team and their fans are the Cubbies of the NHL — the (nearly) lovable losers. If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong in #TrueLeafsFashion. Ahem...
- If you could tell me right now the Bruins would have more power plays (and Bruce Cassidy is doing his best to make that happen with his foot comments), then they'll win.
- But this will likely come down to which team's best players play the best: Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner, John Tavares, Morgan Rielly and Freddie Andersen vs. Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, David Pastrnak, Charlie McAvoy and Tuukka Rask.
- Going with the Bruins, 4-2.
- Red Sox will be playing a day/night doubleheader. Let's see if they can keep their little roll going.
- OK, now the NBA playoffs are starting.
- Our draft series is in full swing. Hearing some interesting things about the Patriots and cornerbacks. Will be writing that in a couple days.
Time to hit the links
Five for the 2019 Draft: CBs – Early, middle and late prospects that fit Patriots; surprise pick coming?
First and 10: A closer look at WR and edge defender possibilities for Patriots
Seven for the 2019 Draft: WRs – Early, middle and late prospects that fit what the Patriots are looking for
Podcast: Price talks Patriots, draft with Downtown Rich Kimball 04.22.19
Countdown to the draft: Edge – Will Patriots go looking for Trey Flowers’ replacement?
Completed Q&A: Price on Patriots/Draft 04.22.19
Live Q & A – Chat Red Sox and MLB with Sean McAdam, Tuesday at 5 p.m.
Red Sox Notebook: Eovaldi to have surgery, lost for 4-6 weeks; Red Sox-Tigers rained out
Live Coverage: Red Sox vs Tigers, Tuesday, 1:05 p.m. (Game 1)
Home ice negated, refs put on notice & more thoughts ahead of Leafs-Bruins showdown
Jake DeBrusk ‘didn’t take the easy way’ in Game 6, much to Bruins’ benefit
Video: Patrice Bergeron previews Game 7 vs. Maple Leafs – ‘It’s a battle of will out there’
1:05 p.m.: MLB — Tigers at Red Sox, NESN (McAdam)
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Sean McAdam on Red Sox/MLB
7 p.m.: NHL — Maple Leafs at Bruins, NESN/NBCSN (Ryan, Bedard, Richins)
7:10 p.m.: MLB — Tigers at Red Sox, NESN Plus (McAdam)
10 p.m.: NHL — Vegas at San Jose (NBCSN)
7 p.m.: Orlando at Toronto (NBATV)
8 p.m.: Brooklyn at Philadelphia (TNT)
9:30 p.m.: San Antonio at Denver (NBATV)
10:30 p.m.: Oklahoma City at Portland (TNT)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.