A few random thoughts while I wonder how easy the Patriots' training camp will be this year with a very soft opening to the season (7-0 here they come!)...
- Great bounce back game from the Bruins in Toronto. The play was a little shoddy up 2-0 and 5-2, but other than that it was very fast and physical.
- And give it up for Butch Cassidy for finally deciding to flex his bench muscles with a bunch of last-minute changes that worked wonders.
- Let the record show that the Bruins' top scorers and their coach finally came to play in Game 4.
- Now it's Mike Babcock 1, Cassidy 1.
- Best of 3 now, and the Bruins have home ice back.
- Once again, the Pacers dominated a large portion of play only to see the Celtics come back on them to win again. It's like Boston is toying with them.
- A big boy game for several Celtics down the stretch, especially Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.
- BTW, Kyrie sounded very impressed with himself after the game. Keep winning, and that's cool.
- And then there's the Red Sox ... who blew another game.
- How the heck did Ryan Brasier give up a grand slam on an 0-2 pitch? Come on...
- And now Dustin Pedroia could be done for a while again. Another situation mismanaged in the early going.
- In case you were scoring at home, the Red Sox would need to go 94-49 (.657) from this point on to reach 100 wins, which would likely get them into the playoffs. Their winning percentage last season was .667. Still doable, but the margin for error is getting smaller and smaller with each loss.
- The Patriots' season starts Oct. 27. Wake us up then.
Time to hit the links
17 weeks, 17 questions: Deconstructing the Patriots 2019 regular-season slate
Demaryius Thomas’ contract with Patriots stacked with incentives
Countdown to the Draft – Running back: Could Patriots surprise with boost for ground game?
Bedard: Should the Patriots make a trade for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen?
Jayson Tatum reminds Kyrie of bright future with standout final minute of Game 2
BSJ Playoffs Report: Celtics 99, Pacers 91 – Dominant fourth quarter puts C’s up 2-0
Final: Celtics 99, Pacers 91 – C’s close out comeback with 10-0 run
Completed Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics/NBA Playoffs (4.17.19)
Bruce Cassidy threw a curveball right before puck drop, and it helped get Bruins’ big guns back on track
BSJ Playoffs Report: Bruins 6, Maple Leafs 4 – Pastrnak breaks through, B’s hold late to tie series
BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/Leafs and NHL playoffs, Thursday at 4 p.m.
Final: Bruins 6, Leafs 4: B’s hold off Leafs’ surge, even series at 2-2
3 p.m.: PGA — RBC Heritage (Golf)
4 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL playoffs
7 p.m.: Washington at Carolina (NBCSN)
8:30 p.m.: St. Louis at Winnipeg (USA)
10 p.m.: Vegas at San Jose (NBCSN)
8 p.m.: Philadelphia at Brooklyn (TNT)
9 p.m.: Denver at San Antonio (NBATV)
10:30 p.m.: Golden State at LA Clippers (TNT)
[table id=224 /]
Freaking brilliant job, Patriots social media...
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.