A few random thoughts while I wonder if Blake Swihart was laughing while watching Red Sox-Yankees...
- The Red Sox and Chris Sale were absolutely horrible in their 8-0 loss to the Lesser-Than Yankees.
- At least Sale and Mookie Betts finally sound like they've had enough of their own meager play to this point.
- Back to the bottom...
- In a total panic move, Swihart was finally freed from his Red Sox sentence when he was DFA'd. Yeah, he and his great hitting was a really big problem. Glad Sale got his personal catcher back. Made a difference.
- I'm happy for Swihart. All he's ever done for the Red Sox is everything they've asked and kept his mouth shut, and in the end he never got a chance to prove anything. He should sue them for career malfeasance.
- The Patriots are kicking the tires on old foe Demaryius Thomas. Yes, he's 31 and coming off his second torn Achilles (this one in December), but he's a professional receiver and the Patriots are lacking in those these days.
- I think Thomas is mostly Josh Gordon insurance down the line, but you all know my thoughts on how the team got to this point at the position.
- I still can't believe the Lightning got swept by the Blue Jackets. And just think of all the people who mocked Columbus for being buyers at the deadline. #bleh
- I mean, it was a colossal choke by Tampa ... but, man, the Blue Jackets were just relentless.
- Would be nice to see that out of the Bruins tonight in Toronto. Tough spot to come home down 3-1.
- Would be nice to see the top line to get going. And put David Pastrnak with David Krejci! Give the Leafs something to think about.
- Can the Celtics build off of Game 1?
- Congrats to my friends at The SportsHub! Must be that huge two-hour bump on Tuesdays...
Time to hit the links
McAdam: Chris Sale and Mookie Betts are struggling and so, not coincidentally, are the Red Sox
BSJ Game Report: Yankees 8, Red Sox 0 – Paxton shuts down soft Sox lineup
McAdam: Red Sox DFA Blake Swihart, recall Sandy Leon in early-season catching switch
Completed Q & A — Red Sox and MLB with Sean McAdam 04.16.19
One surprise tweak Brad Stevens made with Jayson Tatum is already paying off
Marcus Smart staying positive ahead of lengthy recovery from torn oblique
BSJ Live Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics/NBA Playoffs at 3 p.m. Wednesday
Winning Plays Podcast: Looking at Game 2 Adjustments for Celtics/Pacers
3 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics/NBA playoffs
6:35 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Yankees (NESN Plus, ESPN)
7 p.m.: NBA — Pacers at Celtics (TNT/NBCSB)
7 p.m.: NHL — Bruins at Maple Leafs (NESN/NBCSN)
8 p.m.: Nashville at Dallas (USA)
10 p.m.: Calgary at Colorado (NBCSN)
8 p.m.: Detroit at Milwaukee (NBATV)
9:30 p.m.: Utah at Houston (TNT)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.