A few random thoughts while I wonder if David Pastrnak made the trip to Toronto...
- Bruins dropped a tough one 3-2 to the Maple Leafs and now trail 2-1 in the series. Pretty even game, it's just Toronto capitalized on Boston's mistakes and the Bruins were not able to convert theirs. Happens.
- It wasn't like Game 1 when the Bruins failed to show up after the early goal. The Leafs played very well from front to back and you still get the feeling their best won't match the Bruins if they can play to their level more consistently.
- I'm not even sure if the Bruins need to bring their A game. A solid B (this was a B-minus) might suffice.
- And we still haven't even seen "True Leafs Fashion" rear it's ugly head yet. It's like the Andy Reid Buffer. How many games do the Leafs have to be up on the Bruins for you to lose hope?
- I was surprised Bruce Cassidy didn't demote Pastrnak ... he deserved it. Not sure if it was the bodies Toronto sent at him, or he still has issues with his thumb ... but this isn't the Pasta the Bruins need.
- I could feel the Torey Krug hate on the first goal. I warm my hands on it. #IStandWithKrug
- Nazem Kadri makes Bad Brad Marchand look like a Rhodes Scholar.
- I'm glad Tom Brady is putting on some more weight this offseason. My first thought seeing him on the post-Super Bowl champion? Man, he looks skinny and drained.
- The Red Sox can't even take a series from the Orioles ... ok, I might start to worry.
- And now it's on to the Boogie Down, and the Sox are still looking for answers.
- A controlled Marcus Morris. I like it.
Time to hit the links
Which team would make perfect draft weekend trade partner for Patriots?
Patriots Notebook: Bigger Brady? Plus, new deal for Jones, more QBs visit Foxborough, and offseason program underway
Completed Q&A: Price talks Patriots, draft 04.15.19
McAdam: Troubles continue for Red Sox, who can’t seem to do much right
BSJ Game Report: Orioles 8, Red Sox 1 – Homestand ends on sour note
BSJ Live Q & A — Chat Red Sox and MLB with Sean McAdam, Tuesday at 5 p.m.
Ryan: Once Bruins’ trump card, the Bergeron line has stalled at the worst possible time
BSJ Playoffs Report: Maple Leafs 3, Bruins 2 – Poor execution, missed chances help Leafs take series lead
Nazem Kadri suspended for remainder of 1st round: How do Leafs, Bruins match up with Toronto pivot out?
Toronto might control matchups on home ice – but return of DeBrusk & Krug bring further headaches for Leafs
Final: Leafs 3, Bruins 2 – Leafs take series lead, B’s fail to execute
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — McAdam on Red Sox/MLB
6:35 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Yankees (NESN)
7 p.m.: Tampa Bay at Columbus (CNBC)
7:30 p.m.: NY Islanders at Pittsburgh (NBCSN)
9:30 p.m.: Winnipeg at St. Louis (CNBC)
10:30 p.m.: San Jose at Vegas (NBCSN)
8 p.m.: Orlando at Toronto (TNT)
9 p.m.: San Antonio at Denver (NBATV)
10:30 p.m.: Oklahoma City at Portland (TNT)
[table id=224 /]
Have a week, year, season, kid... #newmass
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.