A few random thoughts while I hope all the runners and their loved ones stay safe and healthy in today's rough weather...
- Obviously, the story in sports over the weekend was Tiger Woods completing his comeback from debilitating injuries to win The Masters, his 15th major title — 11 years since his last — and fifth green jacket.
- After spraying the ball off the tee for much of the front side, Woods settled down and was classic stoic Tiger as he flawlessly executed shot after shot on the back nine while his competitors killed themselves with self-inflicted wounds. It was pretty impressive to watch.
- Heck, Tom Brady was so excited he live-tweeted about it.
- I'm sure all the people I hear from on Twitter dutifully razzed Brady about this tweet ... #welcometotwitter
- The shots of Tiger hugging his kids ... great stuff.
- But, to be honest, I could have done without some of the over-the-top fawnings. I mean, he did just win the Tour Championship against the top players not too long ago which signaled, unless you were a total Tiger hater, this was eminently possible if not probable at some point. Without that win, then go nuts — it would have been an improbable comeback. But with the win at East Lake ... the roar was back for me. This was just confirmation.
- And Jack Nicklaus was one of my heroes growing up. I wore out my copy of Golf My Way when I was a junior golfer to the point I started to get a flying elbow. And I used to follow him around every tournament I could. So, yeah, I want his records to stand forever. The green jackets and the majors total are definitely back in jeopardy now.
- Back in Boston ... a convincing win by the Celtics was nice to see.
- Is Terry Rozier a human roller coaster or what?
- Was that second-half Celtics defense luck or skill?
- Hey, check out B-Robb...
- The Big, Bad Bruins were back in Game 2 ... can they keep it up tonight in Toronto?
- Nazem Kadri ... not smart.
- Well, David Price is the ace right now. Thank goodness.
- Uh oh, the Revolution have lost Sweeney. Times are tough.
Time to hit the links
NFL Notebook: Patriots’ pre-draft priorities starting to come into focus
BSJ Live Q&A: Talk Patriots with Price, Monday at 1 p.m.
Salary cap recap 04.13.19: Patriots have $15,391,305 in cap space after Seferian-Jenkins, Gostkowski and Chung moves
Completed Q&A: Bedard on Patriots/NFL 04.13.19
McAdam: David Price helps to save an overworked bullpen with seven shutout innings
BSJ Game Report: Red Sox 4, Orioles 0 – Bogaerts, Price team up to blank Orioles
MLB Notebook: Rays poised to give Yankees, Red Sox all they can handle in AL East
What led to dominant Celtics defense in Game 1 win over Pacers?
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 84, Pacers 74 – Best defensive effort of the season
Final: Celtics 84, Pacers 74 — C’s ride defense to Game 1 win
NBA Notebook: The Anthony Davis decision-maker is now in place
Bruins Notebook: Nazem Kadri likely set to receive lengthy suspension, multiple B’s skaters uncertain for Game 3
Video: Zdeno Chara on Kadri hit – ‘It’s in the league’s hands’
How David Backes revived the ‘Big Bad Bruins’ for a night and got Boston back on track
BSJ Playoffs Report: Bruins 4, Maple Leafs 1 – B’s bully Leafs to even series, but lose DeBrusk, Krug & Clifton
11:05 a.m.: Orioles at Red Sox (NESN)
1 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Price on Patriots/NFL
7 p.m.: NHL — Bruins at Maple Leafs (NESN/NBCSN)
Other NHL Playoffs
7 p.m.: Washington at Carolina (CNBC)
9:30 p.m.: Nashville at Dallas (NBCSN)
10 p.m.: Calgary at Colorado (CNBC)
8 p.m.: Brooklyn at Philadelphia (TNT)
10:30 p.m.: LA Clippers at Golden State (TNT)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.