A few random thoughts while I wonder if they're ever going to play the Frozen Four (it's NEXT Thursday)...
- So the Red Sox lost again yesterday, and the biggest play was this miscue between Jackie Bradley and Mookie Betts...
- Taken in a vacuum, not a big deal. These things happen from time to time, especially over 162 games.
- However, this is the second time so far this season that JBJ and Mookie have had a miscommunication (the first time was March 28 when they lightly collided and JBJ got his foot stepped on).
- The bigger concern to me? The lack of chatter between the two players after both plays. Yesterday, there were no words spoken and they barely looked at each other. No, My bad or anything. NESN showed the play from the season opener after the game. The only words spoken then was Mookie asking Bradley if he was OK and Bradley, without looking at Betts, nodding yes.
- I'm probably making too much of this — neither is the most outgoing player, especially Bradley — but this is definitely strange. I've played and observed a lot of baseball over the years ... the lack of communication strikes me as very odd and something to monitor. This didn't assuage me...
- Sounds like Alex Cora has had enough of the sloppy play. Good.
- Bruins were wicked sharp last night.
- Price's Patriots HOF votes.
- Gordon Hayward opened up to B-Robb about his mental recovery. Pretty interesting.
- Celtics vs. Pacers tonight to determine homecourt.
- Aaron Rodgers' leadership is back in the news ... here's what I had to say about it back in November (unlocked)
- Happy Final Four weekend!
Time to hit the links
Price: Why I backed these three for the Patriots’ Hall of Fame
First and 10: Heading into the weekend with a roundup of Patriots’ news
Podcast: Price talks Patriots with Bob Kemp of NBC Sports Radio 04.04.19
If Patriots can’t connect with Stephen Gostkowski, former Assumption star turned SEC standout could fit
McAdam: Embarrassing setback caps another series loss for Red Sox
BSJ Game Report: Athletics 7, Red Sox 3 – Red Sox drop another game, and series
Final: Athletics 7, Red Sox 3 — Red Sox fall apart in series finale
Completed Q&A: Sean McAdam on Red Sox/MLB 04.04.19
In Kevan Miller, the Bruins might have dodged a bullet with an all-too-familiar scenario in April
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 3, Wild 0 – Depleted B’s lineup delivers, but injury scare with Kevan Miller
Final: Bruins 3, Wild 0 – Halak earns shutout, B’s close out final regular-season road trip
4 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics/NBA
4 p.m.: PGA — Texas Open (Golf)
7 p.m.: WCBK — Final Four: Oregon vs. Baylor (ESPN2)
7:10 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Diamondbacks (NESN)
8 p.m.: NBA — Celtics at Pacers (ESPN/NBCSB)
9 p.m.: WCBK — Final Four: UConn vs. Notre Dame (ESPN2)
1 p.m.: NHL — Lightning at Bruins, NESN (Ryan)
2 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Bedard on Patriots/NFL
3:30 p.m.: PGA — Texas Open (Golf)
6:09 p.m.: MCBK — Final Four: Auburn vs. Virginia (CBS)
7:30 p.m.: MLS — Revolution at Crew (NBCSB)
8:10 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Diamondbacks (NESN)
8:49 p.m.: MCBK — Final Four: Texas Tech vs. Michigan St. (CBS)
2:30 p.m.: PGA — Texas Open (Golf)
6 p.m.: WCBK — Final Four: Championship (ESPN)
4:10 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Diamondbacks (NESN)
7:30 p.m.: NBA — Magic at Celtics, NBCSB (Robb)
[table id=224 /]
This dude was added as a minority owner of the Red Sox this week...
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.