A few random thoughts while I wonder how we'll ever soy fiesta again...
- Obviously the Gronk news will continue to dominate the news cycle a while longer. We'll hear from opposing coaches today, and I'm sure some of the talk will begin to center on the timing of his decision and how it has affected the Patriots' offseason — and whether team or Gronkowski is to blame for that.
- One thing I can tell you: this story will not end anytime soon. Every week, every injury, every time Tom Brady overthrows a tight end, people will ask whether he's coming back.
- Here's a primer on that (thanks Brett Favre and Ricky Williams):
- You'll likely hear reports about whether or not Gronk has filed his retirement papers, mostly from clickbait factories. Retirement papers mean nothing. He's retired. He can unretire at any time by sending a letter to the commissioner.
- If Gronkowski does return, the Patriots will be given a few days to deal with it. They can either activate him, release him or trade him. If they activate him, the Patriots need to have room for his prorated cap number, or make room.
- It needs to happen by Week 13 (at least that's what it was last season). Might change slightly with the new calendar.
- Wait until he does the late-night shows.
- You know who's happiest about the Gronk news? The Celtics. They lost — again.
- At least they had injuries as an excuse. But that defense...
- The Revs' season could be over before it even got started.
- Good game alert: Bruins at Lightning tonight.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: Rob Gronkowski concludes improbable HOF career – for now
When it comes to Rob Gronkowski’s greatest games, take your pick
What does Rob Gronkowski’s retirement mean to the cap now, and if he un-retires?
Rob Gronkowski announces his retirement: ‘Now its time to move forward’
Completed Q&A: Bedard on Patriots/NFL 03.24.19
NFL Notebook: Rodney Harrison talks Patriots’ moves, best course of action for Gronk, and much more
Without Rob Gronkowski, what’s next for Patriots at tight end?
First and 10: So long, Gronk
Live Q&A: Talk Patriots with Price Monday at 2 p.m.
Brad Stevens is running out of time to fix the defenseless Celtics
BSJ Game Report: Spurs 115, Celtics 96 – Aldridge throttles shorthanded C’s
Final: Spurs 115, Celtics 96 — Aldridge puts on a show in blowout win
NBA Notebook: Marcus Smart and the search for accountability on these Celtics
NHL Notebook: Evaluating winners, losers a month removed from trade deadline, Sweeney talks Chara extension & more
After a season of lineup shuffling, the Bruins might have finally found a regular spot for David Backes
Sweeney: The Revs in crisis early, facing a lack of confidence and Sunday’s result didn’t help
BSJ Match Report: FC Cincinnati 2, Revolution 0 – Revs shut out at home again
Final: FC Cincinnati 2, Revolution 0 – New England can’t get anything going against bunkered-in FCC defense
2 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Price on Patriots
7:30 p.m.: NHL — Bruins at Lightning (NESN)
9 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Cubs (NESN Plus)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.