A few random thoughts while I wonder how much more winning they can do on Huntington Avenue...
- Heady times for Northeastern University as their men's basketball team joined both hockey teams in basically kicking butt this winter season.
- The Huskies toppled top-seeded Hofstra 84-72 last night to win the CAA tournament and earn an NCAA berth for the second time in five seasons. Vasa Pusica had 21 points was named the tournament's most outstanding player. Congrats to coach Bill Coen and the Huskies.
- Bruins didn't trail 2-0 last night to Columbus — they actually led 1-0 — but fell behind 5-1 and, despite nearly tying the game, suffered a disappointing 7-4 road loss.
- Tuukka Rask got pulled at 5-1 but, from what I saw, the defense was pretty much wretched.
- Those slow starts, man...
- Why is Danny Ainge smiling?
- David Price was sharp in his first start.
- The shocking move of the NFL offseason happened when Odell Beckham Jr. was traded to the Browns. John Dorsey is certainly doing big things in Cleveland, but everyone needs to relax on both ends. Very tough to get that many pieces to fit collectively in less than a season in Cleveland. And Giants observers are freaking out about OBJ being traded. Come on, like they've won anything with him. Patriots have basically been without a No. 1 receiver for 18 years. They've done OK. Dave Gettleman knows what he's doing.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: How the Patriots’ cap relates to loss of Trey Flowers, Trent Brown’s departure, plus Tom Brady’s contract
First and 10: Happy New League Year, everyone!
Miguel’s mailbag 03.12.19: Questions on Josh Gordon, Adrian Clayborn, and more
Free Agency Live Coverage 03.12.19: Patriots place tenders on Josh Gordon, Jonathan Jones
Slow starts finally catch up to Bruins in disappointing loss to Blue Jackets
BSJ Game Report: Blue Jackets 7, Bruins 4 — D corps bottoms out, B’s rally falls short against Columbus
Final: Blue Jackets 7, Bruins 4 – Too little, too late for Bruins
Bruins Notebook: Whatever the secret formula is for a close-knit locker room, the Bruins appear to have found it
Completed Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL — 3.12.19
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Sean McAdam on Red Sox/MLB
7 p.m.: MCBK — Big East: Butler vs. Providence (FS1)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.