A few random thoughts while I wonder if anyone will be tampering with me...
- The NFL Legal Tampering Period (the dumbest moniker in all of sports — it's a negotiating window, people) starts today at Noon and runs until the new league year and free agency starts at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
- Expect Trent Brown to come off the board and an agreement elsewhere at some point today.
- The longer Trey Flowers isn't mentioned, the better it is for the Patriots. But I expect him to get a megadeal somewhere. New England will be involved, but it will have a ceiling. Lotta cap space out there.
- Despite reports that there was mutual interest between Danny Amendola and the Patriots, the receiver signed pretty quickly with the Lions for decent money.
- Would it have been nice to have him back here? Sure. But part of me is glad this happened because the Patriots need a youth movement at the position.
- Bruins finally saw their unbeaten streak end, but I'm more concerned about Matt Grzelcyk.
- Alex Cora loves his rotation. And he should.
- Al Horford tells B-Robb he wants to play until he's 40. Will it be in Green?
- Celtics close out their road trip against the Clippers tonight.
Time to hit the links...
NFL Notebook: Thoughts on the Bennett Brothers, the rest of the AFC elite, returning receivers, and more
First and 10: Who’s up for some tampering?
Live Q&A: Talk Patriots with Price, Monday at 2 p.m.
Bedard: Michael Bennett is nearing the end but he fits Patriots perfectly
Breaking down the salary cap implications of the Michael Bennett trade
MLB Notebook: Key to Red Sox offense is ‘doing damage’ without high strikeout totals
McAdam: Red Sox rotation provides comfort for Alex Cora
Red Sox Notebook: Losing streak reaches five but Alex Cora unconcerned
Healthy and productive, Al Horford talks Celtics future with BSJ: ‘I would like to play until I’m 40’
Exploring the return of Kyrie Irving playing hard defense
NBA Notebook: Could Celtics top Lakers’ best offer for Anthony Davis without using Jayson Tatum?
Already hampered by injuries, Bruins ‘may have dodged a bullet’ with Matt Grzelcyk
BSJ Game Report: Penguins 4, Bruins 2 — B’s point streak snapped at 19 games in sloppy loss to Pittsburgh
Final: Penguins 4, Bruins 2 – B’s rally comes up short
NHL Notebook: Sizing up the Bruins’ 7th Player Award candidates
2 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Chris Price on Patriots/NFL
10:30 p.m.: NBA — Celtics at Clippers, NBATV/NBCSB (Robb)
[table id=224 /]
OUR HEARTS 😍 pic.twitter.com/mRVjASzICC
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) March 9, 2019
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.