A few random thoughts while I wonder if the Celtics will ever come back from this road trip ...
- While most of Boston was sleeping, the Celtics continued to play some of their best basketball of the season (way to reward the home folks, guys) with a last-second victory over the Kings to follow-up on the big W over the Warriors.
- No Kyrie, no problem. Suddenly Gordon Hayward is MJ and starting to dominate.
- Probably the bigger plus in all this: for the first time in a long time, the Celtics look like they enjoy playing a team sport together again. That will be the key whether this is sustainable down the stretch.
- But if I had to quibble ... too much one-on-one stuff down the stretch, outside of the Marcus Smart kick to Marcus Morris. It worked last night, but that could easily go away.
- Next up? LeBron's Lakers, who look like they are going in the tank. I mean, what is this?
- Steven Wright got suspended for 80 games. Between his knee and now this, it's been a forgettable stretch for him.
- I like this Daniel Jones kid for the Patriots.
- One personal note. So I've added youth basketball to my coaching repertoire this winter (I'm deadly with ATOs ... watch your back Brad) and while my sixth-grade girls' team has been advancing through the Metrowest playoffs, we've played in some cool places. Really like Mass Premier, but was blown away by the new Dana Barros Basketball Club in Stoughton. What a phenomenal facility, and Dana is around if you're in the area. Thanks to club president Pete Bosader and the staff for the great hospitality.
Time to hit the links...
Gordon Hayward’s redemption caps a night of progress for Celtics
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 111, Kings 109 – Hayward finishes off Kings with game-winner
Final: Celtics 111, Kings 109 — Hayward hits game-winner as Celtics escape with victory
1 p.m.: MLB — Twins at Red Sox, ESPN/WEEI (McAdam)
2 p.m.:Golf – Arnold Palmer Invitational (Golf)
6 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL
7 p.m.: MCHK — BC at Providence (NBCSB)
7 p.m.: NHL — Panthers at Bruins, NESN (Ryan)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.