A few random thoughts while I wonder what the local meteorologists are batting now that they got this storm right (got about a foot here)...
- Another day, another Celtics embarrassment as they continued their late-season meltdown by being run off their own court by the Rockets on national television.
- Nice job by the Garden crowd with the boos in the first half.
- Every time you want to believe this team could be the Patriots and flip a switch, the more you think they appear to be the Chicken N' Beer Red Sox. I mean, some of that play yesterday was just atrocious.
- It's becoming more and more clear that the only way out of this morass is for Brad Stevens to take charge of the room and the rotation. Enough of this trying to appease everybody stuff. Play the players who exhibit the Celtic way; bench the guys who don't. The players need to earn their playing time. It's not a right.
- Maybe he started this by benching Marcus Morris for the final quarter.
- Now the Celtics go on a West Coast trip. This is the type of venture where either the team finds a way to come together, or Kyrie and LeBron are seen out dining multiple times and things continue to implode. Good times.
- NFL combine is wrapping up. No, you're not wrong to think the impact of the event has lessened every year. Social media has some to do with that (a lot of big NFL names are now less apt to be out and about late shooting their mouths off for fear of being videotaped or overheard) but also because the combine and the start of free agency is now spaced out.
- By the way, yes, every draft prospect would love to play for the Patriots and Bill Belichick, and with Tom Brady. And every pending Patriots free agent would be open to a return but also has a ton of potential suitors in free agency. #optionsopen
Time to hit the links...
NFL Notebook: Could another brother combo be in the cards this spring for Patriots?
First and 10: Wrapping up the combine and looking ahead to next phase of the offseason
Live Q&A: Talk Patriots with Price Monday at 1 p.m.
Why will Joe Thuney and Elandon Roberts earn more cash in 2019?
Salary cap recap 03.03.19: Patriots end week with $24,305,171 in cap space after releasing Dwayne Allen
What does the reported release of TE Dwayne Allen mean for Patriots?
MLB Notebook: David Ortiz hopes Red Sox, Mookie Betts can work out deal to remain in Boston
Blake Swihart rejoins Red Sox after emotional week
Red Sox Notes: Michael Chavis continues his torrid spring
McAdam: Five thoughts at halfway point of spring training
It’s time for Brad Stevens to be proactive when it comes to changes
BSJ Game Report: Rockets 115, Celtics 104 – Embarrassing half sinks C’s (again)
Final: Rockets 115, Celtics 104 — Late charge falls short after another ugly first half
NBA Notebook: Wyc Grousbeck on Celtics: ‘We have the capability to get to Finals or lose in first round’
1 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Mets, MLBN, WEEI
1 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Price on Patriots/NFL
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.