A few random thoughts while I wonder
- Gee, what a shock. After a debacle of a week in which the Celtics blew two big leads at home to bad teams and then Marcus Morris ripped his teammates, the Celtics went out, without Kyrie Irving, and edged the Sixers in Philadelphia.
- OF COURSE, THEY DID.
- These Celtics might be the new Patriots. Don't play well during the regular season, suffer mind-boggling losses to teams that don't make the playoffs, beat all the good teams they play ... yup, sounds right.
- Waiting for Kyrie to coming out and say, "Everybody thinks we suck and can't win any games."
- Then Gordon Hayward will end up being The Finals MVP and have some choice words for Felger & Mazz ala Kyle Van Noy. "Blehhhhhh!"
- It all makes sense now.
- By the way, the Sixers have no chance against the Celtics, ever. They just have the wrong mix of players. 15 guys, 15 cabs. No chance. Don't even discuss Philly as a contender in the East.
- The more Danton Heinen keeps scoring, the more it's an indictment on Bruce Cassidy (or the nerds if they're dictating lines) for not getting David Pastrnak off that line earlier. At this rate, it looks like I could pick up three points every night on the top line.
- Yes, the Pastrnak thing sounds fishy, but the bottom line is this team needs him and he's gone. Of course, this is when this group steps up historically.
- Nice work by the Terriers winning their first Women's Beanpot in 38 years.
- Congrats to our Sean McAdam, who will be part of the WEEI Red Sox broadcasts in, what I understand to be, an undefined role as of now.
Time to hit the links...
2018 Patriots positional snapshot: O-line was a strength, and should remain that way going forward
First and 10: Emptying out the notebook
2018 Patriots positional snapshot: Is TE Rob Gronkowski at a career crossroads?
McAdam: Source – Red Sox seeking starting pitching help as they shop catchers
Red Sox Notebook: Steven Wright still not 100 percent; Jackie Bradley seeks improvement with defense
BSJ Live Q&A: Sean McAdam on Red Sox/MLB, 5 p.m. Wednesday
Gordon Hayward gives Celtics signs of hope with performance against Sixers
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 112, 76ers 109 – Hayward, Horford do it all in gritty road win
Final: Celtics 112, Sixers 109 — Huge performances by Horford and Hayward carry C’s
Making the case for more Semi Ojeleye minutes
Without David Pastrnak, Jake DeBrusk (goal, 2 assists) has well-timed breakout in win
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 6, Blackhawks 3 – Top line rolls as B’s start life without Pastrnak
Don Sweeney on trade rentals: ‘I’d like to invest in somebody that’s going to be with us’
Final: Bruins 6, Blackhawks 3 – Bruins offense wakes up in convincing win over Chicago
With David Pastrnak out, where do the Bruins go from here?
Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL, Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
Updated: David Pastrnak out at least two weeks after procedure on left thumb
5 p.m.: WCBK — Navy at Holy Cross (NESN)
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Sean McAdam on Red Sox
6:30 p.m.: MCBK — Providence at Villanova (FS1)
7:30 p.m.: NBA — Pistons at Celtics (NBCSB)
7:30 p.m.: MCBK — Colgate at Holy Cross (NESN)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.