A few random thoughts while I wonder how much school is happening on Huntington Avenue this morning...
- Party like it's 1985! For the first time since '84-85, Northeastern is the two-time defending Beanpot champions after holding off Boston College 4-2 at the Garden.
- The Huskies took a 3-0 lead — after an early Eagles goal was taken off the board on review (that was a little iffy) — but BC battled back to make it 3-2 with seven minutes left. And, as usual, the action was fast and furious from then on out with Northeastern goalie Cayden Primeau making several key saves with help from his teammates.
- Congrats to Huskies coach Jim Madigan, who was on those mid-80s teams.
- It wasn't so long ago that Northeastern was the butt of jokes from fans of the other three teams. Now look at them.
- Big game for the floundering Celtics tonight in Philly against the Sixers. Actually, I expect a good game from them — when don't they get up for the other contenders? It's when they need to keep their focus and teamwork together against also-rans when they've had issues and in-fighting. Let's see what Brad Stevens has cooked up.
- Pitchers and catchers officially report to JetBlue Park today. And so it begins. Sean McAdam will be all over it from down there as usual.
- Bruins back at it with the Blackhawks.
Time to hit the links...
First and 10: The Kyler Murray Question
Salary cap recap 02.11.19: Patriots end day with $18,096,579 in cap space after signing 8 practice squad players to futures contracts
2018 Patriots positional snapshot: A season of change for WRs – is more turnover looming?
2018 Patriots positional snapshot: RBs powered New England offense this past year, but what’s next?
BSJ Live Q&A — Chat Red Sox and MLB with Sean McAdam, Wednesday at 5 p.m.
Red Sox Notebook: Alex Cora mum on closer choices for now
McAdam: Red Sox in search of ‘the next Ryan Brasier’ as spring training gets underway
Podcast: B-Robb talking Celtics woes/Marcus Morris on Sports Hub
Marcus Morris on teammates’ reaction to his critical comments: ‘For the most part, everyone agreed with me’
Analysis: Kyrie Irving (sprained knee) ruled out for Tuesday’s game against Sixers
Robb: It’s time for Brad Stevens to hold the Celtics more accountable
7 p.m.: MCBK — Pittsburgh at Boston College (ESPNU)
7 p.m.: NHL — Blackhawks at Bruins, NESN/NBCSN (Ryan)
8 p.m.: NBA — Celtics at 76ers, TNT (Robb)
8 p.m.: WCHK — Beanpot championship: BU at Harvard (NESN Plus)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.