A few random thoughts while I wonder how Brad Stevens slept this weekend...
- Just when you thought the Celtics were starting to get their act together, they have two of their worst games of the season on Thursday and Saturday night in home losses to the Lakers and Clippers — two teams that either a) don't like each other (Lakers), or b) had half a new roster (Clippers).
- Of course, Marcus Morris ripped into his teammates after the Clippers loss, and made it sound like Lane Johnson was talking about the wrong Boston team ... Patriots have fun, these Celtics are not.
- B-Robb broke down the debacle and wouldn't you know it ... Morris was one of the players who had issues in that loss.
- So, yeah, things are going well.
- The focus will increasingly be put on Brad Stevens. It's all fun and games coaching when you're at a mid-major, coaching a 25-win NBA team, a team with no chance to win a title but is good (2016-17) or one that loses one star early (Gordon Hayward) and another one late (Kyrie Irving) ...
- Now, Stevens actually has to coach a real NBA team. He has to deal with superstars, young kids who think they can run their own show, players with contract aspirations, etc, etc, ... all the typical drama that takes down other teams.
- Think it might be time for Stevens to give his friends Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels a call.
- Whatever happens — and I still think this team puts it together — it will be fascinating to watch.
- Gave you my intel on Greg Schiano, who it appears will be running a defense that largely needs to be restocked on the coaching staff.
- Good Bruins game against the Avalanche but, man, they continue to scrap to find two goals every night.
- I could watch the fourth line play all game.
- Devin and Jason McCourty sure gave a lot of Super Bowl intel watching tape with Albert Breer ... is that an indicator of their future plans? As far as I know, no Patriots player has ever done a game film article, at least not this soon after a game.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: What you need to know about Greg Schiano as next Patriots DC
First and 10: Did the AAF scratch that football itch for you this past weekend?
Live Q&A: Overreaction Monday with Price, 2 p.m.
NFL Notebook: Now that parade is done, Patriots downshift with an eye toward offseason
Analysis: Who deserves blame for Celtics’ 28-point collapse against Clippers?
Kyrie Irving is day-to-day after being diagnosed with right knee sprain
NBA Notebook: What type of competition do the Celtics have in the buyout market?
Need to shut down an offense? Bruins’ 4th-line relishes opportunity that comes with primetime matchups
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 2, Avalanche 1 (OT) – McAvoy continues to roll, Marchand wins it
Does Bruce Cassidy feel as though the Bruins need to add a piece this month? ‘At times’
Final: Bruins 2, Avalanche 1 (OT) – Marchand hands Bruins another OT victory
NHL Notebook: Should buyer beware with Ilya Kovalchuk this trade deadline?
2 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Price on Patriots/NFL
7:30 p.m.: MCHK — Beanpot championship: BC vs. Northeastern (NESN)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.