A few random thoughts while I wonder what LeBron will do with a team that likes him...
- Seems like it was a little bit lost in the shuffle because Danny's Grand Plan is still very much in play after Anthony Davis was not traded out of New Orleans before the deadline — and we all know how everyone loves Ainge's plans — but the Celtics did lose, at home, to a pretty stinky Lakers team last night.
- I mean, the Lakers had lost six of nine, including a 42-point defeat at Indiana, were playing their fourth straight road game and the Celtics made LA look like it was fresh as a daisy as it blitzed Boston on 51.5 percent shooting (53.7 percent from 3), and outscored the hosts 72-62 in the second half.
- Somebody needs to explain to me how the Lakers shot 38.9 percent from the charity stripe, but 53.7 percent from 3. That makes no sense.
- Nice work by Brad Stevens last night. All four bench players were at least plus-11. Every starter but Jayson Tatum was at least a minus-14 ... but, sure, let's go with the starters down the stretch and watch them blow the lead given to them by the bench. Brad's had better nights.
- Have to love the NBA and LeBron. He picks his All-Star Game team and it's basically everybody he could lure to the Lakers this summer — Kyrie Irving, Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson and Anthony Davis — and James Harden.
- I'm sure Ainge was very amused. He's probably going to send huge Valentine's bears to Kyrie and Davis to make sure they don't forget about him.
- OK, no big shock that the Celtics stood pat at the deadline, but the East still got more interesting.
- Who's got a buyout?
Time to hit the links...
Celtics bet on talent and continuity against revamped East after quiet trade deadline
BSJ Game Report: Lakers 129, Celtics 128 – Rondo caps comeback with buzzer-beater
Final: Lakers 129, Celtics 128 — Rondo hits buzzer beater for win
Examining 11 potential buyout options for the Celtics
Celtics trade Jabari Bird, send cash to Atlanta Hawks to open up roster spot
Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving and the Celtics’ waiting game
3 p.m.: Golf — PGA: AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am (Golf)
4 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Bedard on Patriots/NFL
7 p.m.: MCHK — BC at UMass Lowell (NESN)
7 p.m.: MCHK — Boston University at UMass (NESN Plus)
Noon: MCBK — Providence at St. John’s (CBSSN)
1 p.m.: NHL — Kings at Bruins, NESN (Ryan)
1 p.m.: Golf — PGA: AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am (Golf)
1 p.m.: MCBK — Davidson at UMass (NESN Plus)
2 p.m.: MCBK — Boston College at Syracuse (Ch. 38)
4 p.m.: MCBK — Dayton at Rhode Island (CBSSN)
4 p.m.: MCBK — Elon at Northeastern (NESN)
7 p.m.: MCHK — RIT at Holy Cross (NESN Plus)
8 p.m.: NBA — Clippers at Celtics, NBCSB (Robb)
Noon: MCBK — Holy Cross at Lafayette (CBSSN)
1 p.m.: PGA: AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am (Golf)
2 p.m.: MCBK — UConn at Memphis (CBSSN)
3 p.m.: NHL — Avalanche at Bruins, NESN (Ryan)
[table id=224 /]
Da champs are here...
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.