A few random thoughts while I wonder how nervous Danny Ainge is going to be today...
- So the NBA trade deadline comes at 3 p.m. We've already seen the Sixers make themselves better with the Tobias Harris deal. What will the Celtics do?
- Obviously, the smart money is on the Celtics doing nothing. They're still better than the Sixers if the Celtics are on top of their game — which they've been for the past couple of weeks.
- And then there's Anthony Davis. B-Robb breaks it all down right here.
- I think it's a legitimate discussion to have about whether or not Anthony Davis wants to be here. He has no control this summer, but he can walk after next season. Are the Celtics really going to trade a ton of assets for a guy who could amount to a one-year rental? This AD game is a dangerous one.
- Good game last night between the Bruins and Rangers. Unfortunately, the Bruins blew a two-goal lead and fell in a shootout.
- For those scoring at home, Patrice Bergeron did not take a shot in the shootout. That's a Claude move.
- Getting closer to spring training. McAdam made his roster choices.
- Greg Schiano reportedly will be the next defensive coordinator for the Patriots. I'm not sure I totally buy that, but we'll see.
- It doesn't really matter. It's not like Schiano is bringing his own defensive system (which is terrible). This is Bill Belichick's defense, his system and the defensive coordinator is window dressing. Bill sets the tone for the gameplan and has input throughout, including in-game adjustments. Yes, the DC is the playcaller and that makes some difference.
- What we saw this season from the Patriots was nothing that we haven't seen in the past (around 2004). Personnel makes the difference on how aggressive they are. For the first time in a long time this season, the Patriots had no injury issues to wallpaper over and had a ton of experience all over the field.
Time to hit the links...
First and 10: An appreciation of Chad O’Shea
Podcast: Price talks Patriots, Super Bowl with 105.7 FM in Milwaukee 02.06.19
Patriots reportedly set to name Greg Schiano as DC – what does this mean for New England?
Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving and the Celtics’ waiting game
Jaylen Brown opens up on trade rumors in wake of Anthony Davis frenzy
Five possibilities to watch for with Celtics at trade deadline
Live Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics/trade deadline, Thursday at 9 a.m.
Sixers trade for Tobias Harris hurts Celtics on a number of fronts
‘It’s unacceptable’: Bruins once again let 2 points slip through their grasp
Video: Bruce Cassidy on shootout loss to Rangers: ‘We didn’t play the right way’
BSJ Game Report: Rangers 4, Bruins 3 – New lines mesh, but Rangers rally back for shootout win
How can Danton Heinen get going in the offensive zone? Going back to basics is a start
Final: Rangers 4, Bruins 3 – Bruins come up short in shootout
9 a.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics/trade deadline
3 p.m.: Golf — AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am (Golf)
8 p.m.: NBA — Lakers at Celtics, TNT (Robb)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.