ATLANTA — Good morning!
A few random thoughts while I wonder if any of this is going to be coherent ...
- Not sure what else to say about a Super Bowl that was unlike just about any other. My big-picture column is here.
- My analysis of the superlative defensive performance is here.
- One of the overriding themes to this season, I think, is the Patriots had impeccable timing, from their health to their stunts, to big drives by Tom Brady in otherwise mediocre performances, to Rob Gronkowski having just enough to make a huge play ... things worked out well for the Patriots this season.
- Think a healthy Dont'a Hightower makes a difference to this team? If he's on the field against the Eagles, we're talking three-peat.
- Bill Belichick and Brian Flores just pantsed Sean McVay and Jared Goff in front of a worldwide audience. That will be dissected for some time.
- I'm sorry, but I loved that game. What a chess match. I don't need your stinkin' points.
- I still didn't think this was possible way back when.
- Took long enough for them to come fully around, but this was proven right. This defense was much better. Took a lot of heat for that at the time and during the season. Amazing they had everybody for this one. And imagine J'Whaun Bentley in the middle next year.
- Duron Harmon was largely marginalized in the final two games, but give him a lot of credit for staying with it and making two huge plays at the end of the game off the bench.
- What was bigger, the Patriots winning the Super Bowl or the Bruins finally beating the Caps? I don't know...
- See you back home, hopefully with some sleep.
- Enjoy the basking.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: How Belichick and the Patriots’ defense completely shut down Rams and McVay
First and 10: Champions, again
Live Q&A: Post-Super Bowl edition of Overreaction Monday, 2 p.m.
Stephon Gilmore rings in new phase of his career with a title
Getting their due: Ex-Patriots say 2nd dynasty every bit the equal as the first
Photo gallery: Adam Richins’ top shots from Super Bowl LIII
Bedard: Patriots, Bill Belichick bring it full circle in latest Super Bowl title over Rams
Julian Edelman puts capper on eventful year with Super Bowl MVP
#StayCovered Defensive Play of the Game: Stephon Gilmore’s fourth-quarter INT
Patriots’ defense smothers LA as New England captures another Super Bowl
One last look back on some behind-the-scenes stories from Patriots’ 2018 season
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 134, Thunder 129 – Kyrie closes out Thunder in high-scoring duel
Final: Celtics 134, Thunder 129 — C’s win fourth straight behind elite offense
NBA Notebook: How the Celtics can better position themselves for Anthony Davis pursuit ahead of trade deadline
After turbulent start, Tuukka Rask continues hot streak in net with record-breaking showing
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 1, Capitals 0 – Rask sets record, B’s finally snap DC skid
Final: Bruins 1, Capitals 0 – B’s snap losing streak to Caps
NHL Notebook: Exploring the potential ramifications of a Bruins trade for Artemi Panarin
2 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Price's Overreaction Monday
5 p.m.: MCHK — Beanpot: Boston College vs. Harvard (NESN)
8 p.m.: MCHK — Beanpot: Boston University vs. Northeastern (NESN)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.