A few random thoughts while I wonder if Maryland would list me at 6-7...
- If you didn't know, the Chargers' receivers have a ton of size. Travis Benjamin, who's a gadget guy, is the smallest at 5-10. Everyone else is at least 6-2 (Keenan Allen) with the Williamses (Mike and Tyrell) each going 6-4.
- Why is that significant? Well, it seems like the Patriots are OK as far as size considering both Stephon Gilmore and J.C. Jackson are 6-1 ... well, not so fast.
- Jackson measured in at the combine at 5-9 3/4s — a huge difference. I double-checked this with multiple NFL sources.
- So what gives? Florida listed Jackson at 5-11. Maryland started listing Jackson at 6-1 and apparently, the Patriots PR department stuck with that.
- That being said, Jackson's been good this season against every type of receiver, and he's not lacking confidence this week. Plus, he has long arms for his size so that helps and allows him to play closer to 6 feet. I expect him to be very competitive, especially since his physical style isn't called tightly in the postseason.
- The Celtics' offense ran circles around a good Pacers team. Have the C's finally arrived?
- Jaylen Brown is coming into his own, finally.
- Big game between the Caps and Bruins tonight. No McAvoy, but David Krejci is rolling on both ends.
Time to hit the links...
The growing (literally) legend of Patriots rookie cornerback J.C. Jackson
First and 10: Prep for Chargers continues as divisional playoffs loom
Patriots 2019 cap preview, Part II: How can they create more financial flexibility moving forward?
Patriots Notebook: Devin McCourty back at practice, Philip Rivers recalls fiery Pro Bowl experience with Bill Belichick
A look inside the resurgence of Jaylen Brown
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 135, Pacers 108 – Best offensive performance of the season
Analysis: Celtics sign R.J. Hunter to two-way contract
Final: Celtics 135, Pacers 108 — Four straight double-digit wins
The Grizzlies’ pick just took another hit
David Krejci’s efforts to improve 200-foot game providing stability on often-shuffled second line
Charlie McAvoy details recovery from infection that sidelined him for last two weeks
Video: Charlie McAvoy details recovery from infection, downplays tardiness issues
6 p.m.: PGA — Sony Open (Golf)
7 p.m.: NBA — Celtics at Heat (TNT)
7 p.m.: NHL — Capitals at Bruins (NESN)
7 p.m.: WCBK — Boston College at Wake Forest (NESN Plus)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.