A few random thoughts while I wonder if just meeting Sean McVay will get me an NFL head coaching job...
- Some quickie thoughts on the NFL hirings/non-hirings: So Josh McDaniels says the door is closed this season. That may well be true, but him saying it doesn't make it true, considering his recent track record. But it looks like he's out of most of the jobs in this cycle.
- Too bad the Browns didn't work out — McDaniels doesn't seem like a John Dorsey guy — because that was a good spot for McDaniels.
- There's a lot I like about new Bucs coach Bruce Arians, but his offense is a complete dinosaur and his deep drops get his quarterbacks killed.
- Not hearing great things about Matt LeFleur. HC Aaron Rodgers is what I'm hearing the most. LeFleur is not a guy that screamed HC to people he worked with, and there's a reason why the Rams let him go to Tennessee.
- Kliff Kingsbury couldn't win in college with Pat Mahomes but he's going to run an NFL franchise? Seems a stretch to me. Would have rather seen him under an older HC and groomed for the role.
- Tuukka Rask posted his first shutout.
- I like what John Moore has largely brought to this team.
- Good matchup between the Pacers and Celtics tonight at the Garden. Indiana is 2.5 games up on Boston.
- Big game at The Heights tonight.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: Facing Ravens twice will likely help Chargers against Patriots’ pressure package
First and 10: Recapping Josh McDaniels’ decision to stay and setting the stage for a busy day in Foxborough
Podcast: Bedard on Felger & Mazz 01.08.19
Analysis: Finding a way to slow Chargers’ returner Desmond King absolutely vital for Patriots’ special teamers
Josh McDaniels closes the book on going elsewhere – What does that mean for Patriots’ offense in 2019 and beyond?
How much can Patriots players earn during the postseason?
With spots on Bruins’ defense dwindling, John Moore making Bruce Cassidy’s decision harder
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 4, Wild 0: Rask posts shutout, B’s post 5th straight win
Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL, 4 p.m. on Wednesday
Final: Bruins 4, Wild 0 - Red-hot Bruins keep rolling
4 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL
7 p.m.: NBA — Pacers at Celtics, NBCSB (Robb)
9 p.m.: MCBK — Virginia at Boston College (ESPN2)
[table id=224 /]
There was no greater professional honor than writing in Willie's spot.
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.