A few random thoughts while I wonder what kind of frequent miles the Chargers are looking at this week...
- Obviously, the Chargers are coming to Foxborough to take on the Patriots. Will have much more to say with an early read on the matchup in a bit.
- There will be a lot of talk this week about travel, weather, history, coordinators and a whole bunch of other bullcrap, in my opinion.
- This game comes down to plays better and executes on Sunday. That's it. If you think a team that won at Seattle, vs. Tennessee in London, at Pittsburgh, at Kansas City, at Denver and at Baltimore is going to intimidated by all that nonsense, then I can't help you.
- There is little doubt this was the toughest matchup for the Patriots. And it will be. By any measure — record, road record, analytics (offensive and defensive efficiency), QB stats and analytics — except special teams, the Chargers have been better than the Patriots this season. Patriots are going to need home field to give them those three points this week.
- From BetDSI: The spread of 4.5 points is the lowest for a New England home playoff game since 2010 (vs. Baltimore, -4). The Patriots were favored by at least 6 points in each of their previous 13 postseason games at Foxboro.
- Love how this is the Old Guys Bowl. Rivers vs. Brady is great theater.
- Celtics are back at it tonight against the Nets. Kyrie Irving is expected to be back. Everybody get those hot takes ready if they get off to a slow start.
Time to hit the links...
First and 10: Back to work for Patriots as focus turns to looming matchup with Chargers
An early look at how Patriots and Chargers match up
Live Q&A: Overreaction Monday – post wild-card edition – with Price at noon
Chargers advance to Foxborough for divisional clash after win over Ravens
NFL Notebook: Ex-Patriots’ RB thinks current group of backs can power New England through playoffs
Completed Q&A: Bedard on Patriots, playoffs and anything else 01.06.18
Noon: BSJ Live Q&A — Price's Overreaction Monday
7:30 p.m.: NBA — Nets at Celtics, NBCSB (Robb)
8 p.m.: CFB — CFP Championship: Clemson vs. Alabama (ESPN)
Celtics: Wednesday, vs. Pacers; Thursday, at Miami; Saturday, at Orlando.
Bruins: Tuesday, vs. Wild; Thursday, vs. Capitals; Saturday, at Toronto.
Don't forget, Travis Benjamin did this last time he was at Gillette:
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.