A few random thoughts while I wonder why the Celtics don’t just get Aron Baynes his own pompoms…
- Gordon Hayward erupted for 35 points last night in a win over Minnesota just about when people were starting to wonder if we’d ever see anything out of him this season.
- Of course, Hayward has gone for at least 30 twice this season and … they were both against the T-wolves. This is the NFL equivalent of Sony Michel going for 150 twice against the Falcons.
- B-Robb puts the performance in context with his four takeaways.
- What’s up with Jayson Tatum?
- Terry Rozier was also great. Expect to hear a lot of chatter about this happening with Kyrie Irving out. I don’t agree with that. He’s not the problem. The issue has been with Brad Stevens trying to make it all work when everyone’s healthy.
- Bruins are back at the Garden — presumably wearing normal clothes — against the Flames.
- Pasta is your All-Star Game representative. Patrice Bergeron is in the Last Man In voting. That’s weird … it’s like Tom Brady being put in a fan vote for the Pro Bowl. Just seems wrong.
- Speaking of Brady, I’m still waiting for Full Brady in the postseason because we didn’t see it against the Jets. He’s still leaving a ton of yards on the field.
- Maybe that could be a good thing … that he still has another level he can go in the playoffs … if he gets there. These Patriots really need him to.
- If I was betting, I would wager on Josh McDaniels returning to the Patriots. The Packers would certainly be enticing to him but he wants the perfect job, and I can’t seeing Green Bay, with a GM in place, being that.
- One month to the Super Bowl … will the Patriots be there?
Time to hit the links…
Bedard’s Breakdown: As regular season concludes, Tom Brady still not near his MVP level
First and 10: One month until Super Bowl LIII
Patriots Notebook: Tom Brady set to extend playoff mark in divisional round; McCourty among missing at practice
Video: Patriots kick off Thursday practice on fields behind Gillette Stadium
Robb: Four takeaways from Gordon Hayward’s 35-point outburst
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 115, Wolves 102 – Hayward delivers his best game as a Celtic
Live Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics/NBA at 5 p.m. Thursday
Final: Celtics 115, Wolves 102 — Hayward’s 35 points carry Kyrie-less Celtics
Peaky Blinders, LeBron James & big things planned at TD Garden? 6 leftover thoughts from 2019 Winter Classic
Bruce Cassidy’s call for Tuukka Rask in net for Winter Classic more than panned out
Completed Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL 01.02.18
2-4 p.m.: Bedard at TD Garden with Felger & Mazz (Listen live)
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics/NBA
6 p.m.: PGA Tour — Tournament of Champions (Golf)
7 p.m.: NHL — Flames at Bruins, NESN (Ryan)
9 p.m.: MCBK — Maine at Brown (NESN Plus)
9 p.m.: WCBK — UConn at Baylor (ESPN)
Oh (no) Canada…
Our friends to the north are out early at the World Juniors after missing a penalty shot and then a broken stick.
Canada is out at the World Junior championship. Canada Missed penalty shot in overtime and then Finland scores the winner. pic.twitter.com/fMZr4mkc5E
— Bucci Mane (@Buccigross) January 3, 2019
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.