A few random thoughts before everybody heads out into the wind chill ... don't forget ya pahka, it's wicked cold out there...
- As the carnage from Pittsburgh continues (should be a fun Felger & Mazz with Murray and the Sports Vulture — maybe he can tell me how important Sony Michel is to this offense), one of the biggest questions is, where did James White go in this offense?
- White was the unquestioned MVP of the offense at the midway point and then, after getting some much-needed downtime with his touches, they've had a tough time re-integrating him back in.
- Breaking ... even with his numbers going down, White is still the offensive MVP of this team. That should tell you something.
- I think this White thing is another indictment (little 'i' ... for him, relative to his MVP season) on Tom Brady's season. He just has not been as good as he usually is at keeping everyone involved this season from game to game.
- Go ask Chris Hogan and Philip Dorsett about that.
- Don't tell anyone, but if Brady stepped into the fourth-down throw and was quicker, he could have hit Julian Edelman around the sticks. And, at that point, I'd go with Edelman's toughness. Better chance than a jump ball.
- Say all you want about the Saints not looking great of late ... they finished 7-1 on the road. That's something.
- Love the touch Bruce Cassidy has. The Bruins get worked over by the Penguins and the Sabres over the weekend, and then they go to the Bell Centre and beat the bag out of the Canadiens.
- That's called mental toughness. Some other teams around here could use a little of that. Maybe Bill Belichick should have Cassidy talk to the team before they play a road playoff game?
- Conor Ryan ain't just blowing smoke ... Charlie McAvoy was immense last night. He was everything.
- ATTENTION BSJ MEMBERS: Your gift special is now operational. Thanks for spreading the word!
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it's the type of gift that gives every day.
Easy printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
Time to hit the links...
As postseason looms, questions remain about state of Patriots’ offense
First and 10: How will Patriots respond Sunday against Bills?
AFC Playoff Picture: With two weeks left, who has clearest path to home-field advantage?
Live Q&A: Overreaction Monday with Price, 2 p.m.
A bounce-back effort from Charlie McAvoy pays major dividends as Bruins blank Habs
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 4, Montreal 0 – Losing streak ends with dominant outing against Habs
Teetering on edge of wild-card spot, Bruins will need Jaroslav Halak to stem tide
Final: Bruins 4, Canadiens 0 – B’s dominate Habs to snap losing streak
Ok, who broke Jared Goff and the Rams?
When in doubt, go to Rex...
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.