A few random thoughts while I wait for David Price to start tonight at Fenway...
- Price last started at The Fens on June 26th — another in a string of dominating performances — in which he allowed just one run on five hits with seven strikeouts and two walks in a 9-1 win over the Angels.
- Since then, he's made two starts and this is his line: eight innings, 12 runs allowed, 15 hits, 12 strikeouts, one walk, three hit batters (in one inning).
- Should be an interesting night at the yard. Don't think Price is that far away from being back in a groove, but whether he can beat the Yanks is another thing.
- Chris Sale is unhittable right now. His slider must be breaking 3 feet at this point.
- Well, that was easy to see: Sox aren't interested in Manny Machado, it's Zach Britton.
- Anybody else think Danny Ainge has something up his sleeve?
- I know one thing: Ainge is playing Marcus Smart's people like a fiddle.
- Typical England. They're the Red Sox pre-2004.
Time to hit to the links...
McAdam: Red Sox’ involvement with Machado grossly overstated
BSJ Game Report: Red Sox 4, Rangers 2 – Chris Sale stays hot, strikes out 12
Live Coverage: Red Sox 4, Rangers 2 – Sale at top of his game as Sox win 9th straight.
8 a.m.: Wimbledon — Women's semifinals (ESPN)
Noon: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics/NBA
1:30 p.m.: Lacrosse — U.S. vs. Iroquois National (ESPN2)
2:10 p.m.: MLB — Oakland at Houston (MLB)
4:30 p.m.: NBA Summer League — Knicks vs. Celtics, ESPN2 (Robb)
7 p.m.: MLB — Yankees at Cleveland (MLB)
7:10 p.m.: MLB — Blue Jays at Red Sox (NESN)
I had forgotten Price gave up Derek Jeter's 3,000th hit ... 10-year anniversary a few days ago.