A few random thoughts while trying to figure out if I can ever picture Odell Beckham Jr. in a Patriots uniform, and if I want to...
- Well, that was a jam-packed weekend. It started with the Celtics announcing Kyrie Irving will miss the next three-to-six weeks after his knee procedure, and it ended with Brad Marchand continuing to climb the ranks of NHL elite players with his fifth overtime winner of the season.
- Bill Belichick talked on Sunday night, and if I'm a Patriots' fan, I'd be pretty pumped.
- Since when did Terry Rozier become Michael Jordan?
- Fairly disappointing weekend for the local when it came to the NCAA hockey tournament, as all three teams — BU, Providence and Northeastern — were shutout of the Frozen Four. Guess the NCAA (through a formula) knew what it was doing when they didn't give Hockey East a top seed or include a fourth team.
- Northeastern's loss to Michigan wasn't shocking (the Wolverines were seeded higher and are going to the Frozen Four after knocking off BU as well), but it was a bit of a bummer because it felt like the Huskies were in the midst of one of those once-in-a-decade seasons with all their success and that tremendous top line. But, alas, it wasn't to be.
- Did anyone care that the East Regional hoops final was here?
- In case you missed it, Cam Fleming signed with the Cowboys. We've certainly had our criticisms of Fleming over the years (and it was all justified) but you have to give him credit because he kept working hard and improved himself to the point that he was a serviceable backup tackle this past year and is now one going forward. It's a good example of how everybody in the NFL is a work in progress, whether it's players, coaches, general managers (journalists too ;)). No one is ever a finished product. Fleming got off to a very rough start to his Patriots' career (he was released at one point and signed to the practice squad) but he kept after it. The guy battled for this team, worked his tail off, was extremely durable, a good teammate and earned a lot of respect.
- Get ready for Matt Tobin as the tackle eligible.
- The Red Sox will play a real baseball game on Thursday. And the second-guessing of Alex Cora can commence.
Red Sox Notes: Fifth-starter spot is last puzzle piece; Betts, Price primed
MLB Notebook: Yankees try some sock at the top; Cobb deal seems strange for O’s; and more
Live Coverage: Red Sox 6, Twins 1
Video: Spring Training Diary, Day 40
Analysis: With Deven Marrero traded to Arizona, have Sox left themselves vulnerable in the infield?
Analysis: Dissecting impact of latest Red Sox roster moves and news
Chris Sale can’t elude comebacker, but appears to have dodged major injury
Red Sox commit to Christian Vazquez — now and in the future
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 2, Wild 1 (OT) — Brad Marchand nets his league-leading fifth OT winner
Final: Bruins 2, Wild 1 (OT) — Bergeron returns to lineup
NHL Notebook: General managers looking for consistency on goaltender interference
McDonald: Stop pinching yourself, Bruins are legit Cup contenders
5 p.m.: BSJ Daily Live Q&A — Sean McAdam on Red Sox/MLB.
6:05 p.m.: Cubs at Red Sox, WEEI (McAdam)
10 p.m.: Celtics at Suns, NBATV/NBCSB
I know I'm a bit of a Torey Krug homer, and the shot here by Brad Marchand was phenomenal, but how about that pass?!
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) March 26, 2018
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to a big-time Boston sports fan.
Don't take my word for it:
@GregABedard My Mom says the BSJ subscription I gave my Dad is the best gift I’ve ever given him. He’s totally obsessed & talks you guys up to all friend & fam. Thanks for making me look good.
— Mandy Johnson Gilman (@MandyGilman) January 23, 2018