A couple of rand... seriously?!!! Officially ridiculous.
Heading out...no big changes. I'm sure I will tighten a range or move a line 5-10 miles and encourage the wrath of all tomorrow. G'nite! pic.twitter.com/HnLvvrLRmb
— Eric Fisher (@ericfisher) March 20, 2018
- Posted a column last night about the Patriots' offseason to this point. Despite what you've heard elsewhere (ahem, Felger, Mazz and Murray), the Patriots' offseason has been just fine to this point — if they get left tackle figured out. You just have to dig inside the numbers to see whey they're doing what they're doing.
- Bill Belichick is out making college visits — he was at NC State on Monday, which happens to have a Top 100 tight end (Jaylen Samuels), offensive tackle (Will Richardson), defensive linemen (Bradley Chubb - Top 5, B.J. Hill, Justin Jones, Kentavius Street), and running backs (Jaylen Samuels and Nyheim Hines.
- Who's running the office pool on which safety gets overdrafted in the second round? Winner gets the Tavon Richards Award.
- The Bruins may have lost in overtime to the Blue Jackets but, man, what a game that was. End to end, hits, great goals, enough soft goals given up by Tuukka Rask to make people uneasy and for them to keep giving JoeyMac crap in the comments (I may or may not encourage this).
- Yeah, the Bruins probably should have had a penalty shot or two in overtime but I totally agree with Joe: anyone else besides 63 gets those calls. When you have a well-earned, checkered background like Brad Marchand, this is what you get. If that was Sidney Crosby (no saint himself but whatever), they would have stopped the game and allowed CSI to start the league on-ice investigation.
- Ryan Donato registered a goal and two assists in his Bruins debut after one practice ... ho hum. Suddenly the Bruins have too many of everything. Tough problem to have. Good luck to Butch when everyone's healthy.
- In honor of No. 4's 70th birthday, here are Joe's exclusive comments from him last week (Free Preview):
- So the Celtics have no one playing because of injuries, the other teams don't care at this point because they're either tanking or waiting for the postseason to start ... does anyone care about the NBA until the postseason?
- Sean McAdam reports the Sox are trying to trade two of the players but aren't finding any takers. Not a surprise.
A couple of other notable developments:
BSJ Analytics: We have debuted a new feature at BSJ that I want to get rolling on and expand: BSJ Analytics. The first installment was on why the Bruins should target Ryan McDonagh at the trade deadline. Ideally, we'd have a weekly column on each of the four sports. So if this is your area and you'd like to get involved, send us samples of your writing and ideas for future columns to firstname.lastname@example.org
New England Revolution: The Revolution have started their season, but we're still going over our options on them. No, this isn't ideal, but it's a very long season and we're not going to rush anything to cover soccer in March. If you're interested in covering them for us, send me an email with your resume, clips and ideas for coverage to email@example.com.
And away we go...
Bedard: Patriots have done well to address needs this offseason – pending LT
Live Q&A: Talk Patriots with Price Tuesday at 3 p.m.
Salary cap recap 03.19.18: Patriots end day with $13,953,238 in cap space
Patriots release LB Shea McClellin
Three takeaways from the Monday afternoon conference call with Danny Shelton
Analysis: Will Matt Tobin be part of the effort to replace Nate Solder?
First and 10: After a wild weekend, getting caught up on free agency
Red Sox Notes: Two players being shopped for trade; 3 things we learned
Red Sox-Yankee series in England in planning stages for 2019
Video: Spring Training Diary, Day 34
With his daughter on the mend, Craig Kimbrel goes back to work for Sox
Video: Craig Kimbrel throws live batting practice
Live Coverage: Red Sox 6, Phillies 5
Completed Q&A: Chat Red Sox and MLB with Sean McAdam 03.18.18
1 p.m.: Pirates at Red Sox, WEEI (McAdam)
3 p.m.: BSJ Daily Live Q&A — Chris Price on Patriots/NFL.
7 p.m.: College Lax — BU at Harvard (NESN)
8 p.m.: Thunder at Celtics, TNT (Robb)
Just Bill Belichick running NC State's Bradley Chubb through positional drills. No big deal.
— The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) March 19, 2018
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to a big-time Boston sports fan.
Don't take my word for it:
@GregABedard My Mom says the BSJ subscription I gave my Dad is the best gift I’ve ever given him. He’s totally obsessed & talks you guys up to all friend & fam. Thanks for making me look good.
— Mandy Johnson Gilman (@MandyGilman) January 23, 2018