A few random thoughts while I contemplate whether or not to give out a BSJer of the Week award (and I could totally seen McAdam complaining to others about not getting it enough):
- Make sure you pick a comfortable spot on the couch for 4:30 p.m., with a couple of TV screens and/or tablets to take in all the action.
- Titans-Chiefs, then the Celtics, Bruins and we cap it off with the Falcons and Rams, in what could be the best NFL game of the weekend.
- The NFL playoffs are finally here. I'm not a big fan of Wild Card Weekend — especially with how the NFL is top heavy and some teams (Buffalo, Tennessee) don't belong in the postseason. LOVE Divisional Weekend. Four games over two days. The Final Eight. Bring it.
- Was there a bricklayer convention at the Garden last night and no one told us? Man, that was one brutal game between the T-Wolves and Celtics.
- And doesn't this make complete sense: everyone else can't hit anything, but Marcus Smart is Mr. Efficiency.
- With a little distance from the ESPN Patriots story, Felger & Mazz brought up something I hadn't considered and it's an important question to ask. Who looks the worst in the story? Tom Brady. Who looks the best? Bill Belichick. I don't get into critiquing other people's work or sources — I just report what I can report — but there's a definite strong pro-football ops presence in there. Do with that what you will.
- Thought it took some guts for Chad Finn of the Globe to write this, and he's right: Despite what fans might think, this is not a Patriot hit job by ESPN
- Always take the time to read Tom E. Curran's thoughts on the Patriots as well: How to process ESPN piece on Pats 'dysfunction'
And away we go...
Bedard: On ESPN’s Patriots story, and what I’ve been told about Kraft, Belichick and Brady
Completed Q&A: Bedard on Patriots/ESPN story
Price: My 7 takeaways from the ESPN story on Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft
Podcast: Bedard on Mad Dog Sports Radio with Chris Russo 01.05.18
Podcast: Price on 92.3 The Fan talking Patriots 01.05.18
Could Tom Brady’s latest All-Pro honor lead to another MVP nod?
Year-end Patriots’ offensive and defensive statistics from PFF
Celtics’ dominant defense is back, and should be around for good
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 91, Wolves 84 — Marcus Smart (of all people) shows the right touch
Big 3 Podcast: Celtics-Cavs Takeaways and early trade target talk
Live Coverage: Celtics 91, Wolves 84
11 a.m.: Bruins pregame skate, Warrior Ice Arena (McDonald)
Noon: NCAA Men's — UMass at Dayton (NBCSN)
4 p.m.: NCAA Men's — Wake Forest at Boston College (NESN)
4:35 p.m.: NFL Wild Card Playoff — Tennessee at Kansas City (ESPN)
6 p.m.: Celtics at Brooklyn, NBCSB (Robb)
7 p.m.: Hurricanes at Bruins, NESN (McDonald)
8:15 p.m.: NFL Wild Card Playoff — Atlanta at LA Rams (NBC)
I see you, J.T.
— Celtics on NBC Sports Boston (@NBCSCeltics) January 6, 2018
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to a big-time Boston sports fan.