A few random thoughts before we all deal with some serious weather in New England...
- Seriously, everyone be safe. This storm and the follow-up cold snap looks like it's no joke. Hope everyone keeps power.
- And if you're bored, check out BSJ. We'll still be cranking out the content.
- If this storm is as predicted, there's no way the Bruins should play on Thursday night. I know it's hockey, but that's not right.
- Had a good time at the Garden last night. Love being on hand for a big matchup. After so many years around the NFL — where just about every game feels like a big game — sometimes that feeling dissipates. Definitely felt it in the air last night.
- B-Robb wrote about it today, and I touched on it ... feels like the Cavs will be overtaken by the Celtics' youth for good at some point. Just a matter of when.
- Felt like the Cavs just couldn't keep up with the Celts' Young Guns last night and tapped out.
- Send it in big fella!
JAYLEN BROWN WITH HIS OWN LEBRON IMPRESSION?? pic.twitter.com/XfUAXKmbMe
— NBA Buckets (@NBA_Buckets) January 4, 2018
- This might happen every game, but witnessed a pretty cool pregame moment by accident. Was sitting in a media workroom when Jaylen Brown entered about an hour before tip to have chapel with some young men who were part of a community group that develops leaders. Impressive that Brown took the time to do that. You could see the impact just showing up had on those young men. Sometimes just showing up can change the world, or at least someone's corner of it.
- Good for the Red Sox only offering J.D. Martinez a five-year deal. I'd rather they offer him no deal and find someone with a better track record, but at least they're not just throwing stupid money.
- The more I watch the Patriots' defense, the less worried I am about them. Now, does that preclude someone from just being more talented than them? No. But to beat the Patriots, you have to have talent, and you have to out-execute them. Nary the team that can do both. New Orleans, Pittsburgh and Kansas City this year ... maybe. It's quite a challenge.
- Last year I thought Josh McDaniels was as good as gone, and he stayed put. This year, everybody thinks McDaniels is as good as gone and I don't see a good fit and think he stays (unless Tennessee opens up). Maybe I should stay out of the McDaniels Predictions Business.
And away we go...
Bedard’s Breakdown: Don’t fret about the Patriots’ defense in playoffs
Snow Problems: Patriots know Bill Belichick doesn’t care about storm sob stories
Video: Devin McCourty says for Patriots, defensive game plan is simple
Podcast: Bedard on Felger & Mazz 01.03.18
Brady, Branch, Burkhead all present for start of practice on Wednesday
Patriots players have earned $5.95 million of a possible $18.65 million in incentives so far
NFL Power Rankings: Final regular-season edition sees plenty of changes, but same familiar faces at No. 1
Robb: Celtics finally have the horses to hang with the Cavs
Bedard: Celtics’ young guns lap LeBron, Cavs now but will they when it counts?
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 102, Cavs 88 — Statement game?
Takeaways from the Isaiah Thomas press conference
Live Coverage: Celtics 102, Cavs 88
Video — Isaiah Thomas: ‘There’s no hard feelings’
Video — LeBron James on Celtics: ‘They played at a high level tonight’
Video — Isaiah Thomas postgame on fans’ reaction: ‘They showed their true colors like they always do’
Video — Tryronn Lue on Celtics: ‘Their bench really hurt us’
9 a.m.: Bill Belichick press conference (Price)
4 p.m.: Live Q&A with Joe McDonald on Bruins/NHL
1:45 p.m.: Patriots locker room availability (Price)
7 p.m.: Panthers at Bruins, NESN (McDonald)
Have a feeling this will get a little more animous once Isaiah returns to full-time playing status.
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to a big-time Boston sports fan.