A few random thoughts while I Belichick the balmy weather today by walking around in shorts and a t-shirt...
- In case you missed it, B-Robb posted his mission statement when it comes to Celtics coverage at BSJ. But, really, what he wrote goes for all of us, and does a great job of explaining what you get if you decide to become a BSJ member.
- And I didn't have to coax it out of him — he offered up to do that himself. Trust me when I tell you this: no one at BSJ takes our members, and their decision to fork over their hard-earned money, for granted. Every day these men and women tackle the day with the mentality of, "How can I help today?" That goes for the families behind us, too.
- Onto the fun and games ... The Bruins are just a ton of fun of fun to watch right now. Not only are they winning, but everything is clicking. Somewhere in Montreal, Claude Julien is watching the Bruins get meaningful contributions from all four lines and he's weeping.
- Speaking of that:
- Woof. The Fighting Juliens have lost five-straight games. And with three games against the Bruins starting Jan. 13 — way to spread out those games, NHL — Claude's former team could send his current team into a full-out tailspin and deliver a knockout blow.
- Must be reunion month or something, because we get the return (in street clothes) of Isaiah Thomas tonight at TD Garden. I'm already kind of tired of the unnecessary drama surrounding this.
- But I am enjoying some of the people who were boo-hooing the trade and the breakup of that Celtics team (eye roll) now are turning on I.T.
- I'm more interested in seeing how the Celtics handle LeBron.
- How in the world could the Orioles justify to their fans, trading Manny Machado to either the Red Sox or the Yankees? Might as well fold up shop.
- Bombogenesis. I like saying it, but get the heck out of here with that stuff.
And away we go...
Breaking down the teams that could come to Gillette
As postseason dawns, 11 questions about the 2017 Patriots
Randy Moss, Ty Law named finalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2018
Completed Q&A: Talk Patriots with Price
Robb: Isaiah Thomas has made things complicated for his return to Boston
Celtics notebook: Isaiah Thomas asks for no tribute video on Wednesday night
What to expect with Celtics coverage as a BSJ subscriber in 2018
Brad Marchand ended 2017 in elite company, pushes for more in new year
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 5, Islanders 1 — B’s stay hot with another all-around effort
Live Coverage: Bruins 5, Islanders 1
Bruins Game Day: McQuaid remains odd-man out; Rask named NHL’s first star
11:30 a.m.: Bruins practice, Warrior Ice Arena (McDonald)
2-4 p.m.: Bedard live in-studio with Felger and Mazz. Listen live.
3 p.m.: Live Q&A with Brian Robb on Celtics/NBA.
3:45 p.m.: Patriots locker room availability
7:30 p.m.: NCAA Men's basketball — George Mason at UMass, NESNPlus
8 p.m.: Cavaliers at Celtics, ESPN/NBCSB (Robb, Bedard)
My wish for all of you is to have someone in your life that occasionally gets as excited about you as Sean Kuraly does for Tim Schaller.
— Greg A. Bedard (@GregABedard) January 3, 2018
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to a big-time Boston sports fan.