A few random thoughts while I try to figure out how many Patriots fans are really going to use their tickets today. Those going, please be safe.
- People ask me what it was like to live in Green Bay during the winter. Well, this is it, every day from early December into March, except no real huge storms like we get here. Just bitterly cold every day with a little bit of snow every other day. It's very consistent so you get used to it.
- It may be cold outside, but the Bruins are hot! (Jack, you can use that anytime, without attribution)
- They rolled over the Senators again, this time in their own building. Boston beat Ottawa 10-1 in two games this week. What's going on with the Sens? That team is too good for this. Gotta think Guy Boucher is very much on the hot seat.
- Hope people are starting to pay attention to this Bruins team. With health now on their side, there's some really good stuff going on with the mix of vets and youngsters.
- By the way, there's no way that 10-2-2 record in December happens without Bruce Cassidy sending Tuukka Rask to the pine while Anton Khudobin was hot. Rask is obviously one of those guys that needs a little kick in the pants once in a while, and Cassidy gave it to him. Rask has been awesome ever since.
- This was cool. Word on the street is Jack really enjoyed Joe's chip-in piece as well. As he should have.
- Malcolm Mitchell was not activated on Saturday, which means his return — if it happens — won't be until the divisional playoff game.
- It's going to be weird seeing James Harrison in a Patriots uniform today. I look for him to get some run-game reps, perhaps against the Jets' multiple tight end sets.
- The final day of the NFL regular season (man, that was fast) means Black Monday is likely going to be Black Sunday Night.
- Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen already lobbed the first bomb: Raiders are going to make a strong push for Jon Gruden.
- I expect Matt Patricia to be a strong candidate in Detroit.
- With Dave Gettleman getting control with the Giants, I think that eliminates Josh McDaniels there.
- Keep an eye on Tennessee with McDaniels. GM Jon Robinson, that defense and Marcus Mariota could be very intriguing. But the unstable ownership situation could be a challenge.
- If Patricia leaves, I expect Brian Flores to be the new defensive coordinator. Patrick Graham could be in the mix as well, or could return to fill Flores' LB spot.
- If McDaniels leaves, I think Chad O'Shea would be in the running but Brian Daboll could return from Alabama.
And away we go...
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 5, Senators 0 — Krug & Co. respond in a big way
Live Coverage: Bruins 5, Senators 0
David Backes adds more than on-ice production
Jaylen Brown (knee) expects to play Sunday vs. Nets; Semi Ojeleye doubtful
5 Leftover thoughts on Celtics-Rockets: Rozier stepped up, the rebounding returned and a surprising stat
NFL Notebook: Examining potential frameworks for a new deal for Lewis
Dr. Flynn’s Mailbag: On progress and recovery time for Chris Hogan, Malcolm Mitchell
I had a very robust Q&A session on Friday afternoon/night.
12:40 p.m.: Bedard will be behind Sec. 123 (by the ATM) if you want to stop and say hi.
1 p.m.: Jets at Patriots, CBS (Bedard, Price, Richins)
5:30 p.m.: Nets at Celtics, NBCSB (Robb)
Other Boston TV NFL games
1 p.m.: Bears at Vikings (FOX)
4:25 p.m.: Bills at Dolphins (CBS)
4:25 p.m.: Panthers at Falcons (FOX)
And he still made the call!
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to a big-time Boston sports fan.