A few random thoughts while I try to figure out if it's very cold outside, or wicked cold outside:
- Tough way to end a successful season for Boston College with a 27-20 loss to Iowa in the Pinstripe Bowl, which apparently was played on a skating rink.
- BC largely dominated the game but two costly turnovers turned the tide for the Hawkeyes.
- Still, heck of a season for Steve Addazio and the program. Who knows, maybe BSJ will be covering them next season?
- The Bruins are red hot having won five straight and are now 8-1-1 in their last 10 games to vault into second place in the Atlantic Division. Somebody around here might have called them moving up to second place about two weeks ago (way ahead of my schedule).
- People should really be backing this Bruins team. Seems like they're still way under the radar around here. Guess we have to wait until February and the Patriots are done.
- The Celtics certainly made things interesting last night, nearly blowing a huge lead again.
- Both the B's and C's are playing back-to-backs tonight. That can't happen very often.
- What is the deal with the Steelers and James Harrison? Seems like there's no love lost there.
- Why does this whole Harrison-now-a-Patriot thing feel like a WWE script?
- Steelers won't be laughing when Harrison sacks Ben Roethlisberger to close out the AFC Championship Game.
And away we go...
Notebook: Start the clock on Malcolm Mitchell
View from Pittsburgh: Pouncey, several other Steelers players give Harrison a kick out the door
Tom Brady (left shoulder, Achilles) leads Patriots injury report
Podcast: Bedard on Felger & Mazz 12.27.17
Breakdown preview: Charts and thoughts on Patriots win over Bills
Patriots players can earn close to $4 million in incentives against Jets
Robb: Despite ugly numbers, Marcus Smart keeps making winning plays for Celtics
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 102, Hornets 91 — Defense holds off comeback
Live Coverage: Celtics 102, Hornets 91
Completed Q&A: BRobb on Celtics/NBA
Chipping in: Bruins’ zone-entry strategy has them chasing success
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 5, Senators 1 — Depth playing major role in Boston’s winning streak
Live Coverage: Bruins 5, Senators 1
Get your questions in: Live Q&A: Joey Mac on Bruins (2 p.m. ET Thursday)
Bruins Gameday: McQuaid and Krejci remain sidelined; Rask starts
Bruins at the break: How things are shaping up for the final 48 games
3:15 p.m.: Patriots availability (Price)
2 p.m.: Live Q&A with Joe McDonald on Bruins/NHL.
7:30 p.m.: Bruins at Capitals, NESN (McDonald)
8 p.m.: Rockets at Celtics, TNT (Robb)
Is that Al Horford, or Kevin McHale?
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) December 28, 2017
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to a big-time Boston sports fan.