Just a friendly reminder that if you're headed out to a family gathering (or maybe you left someone on your Christmas list) and you forgot to get a Boston sports fan a gift they'll literally use every day, then check out our affordable gift options! Just enter YOUR information. Check your email (including your spam folder) for the email you can forward to them, or print out our handy gift card and you're all set!
A few random thoughts while I thank goodness that my wife is a master of all things, including being the Christmas maven:
- When I went out to say hi to a few folks before kickoff, I was very impressed by everyone's Christmas game at Gillette. Saw a ton of different festive outfits even with the cold weather. That's the spirit!
- Oh hey Joe!
- Even after he caught my eye as a Pitt player — I had dreams at the time as a Packers beat writer of what Mike McCarthy could do with a talent like that — Dion Lewis continues to amaze with his ability to make people miss. Here's hoping his good health continues into the New Year and he can strut his stuff on the big postseason stage.
- Kelvin Benjamin was open all day and he could barely run. That's not good.
- There are times that Tyrod Taylor has the accuracy of Tim Tebow.
- He needs players, but Sean McDermott is a good coach and has the Bills on the way to being competitive for a long time. ... if he can find a quarterback. Taylor and Nathan Peterman are not what he needs.
- I've been a pretty big Jimmy Garoppolo fan for a while, but even I didn't see this coming. How he's resuscitated a downtrodden franchise has been nothing short of amazing. Still want to see the film to see how good he was against that Jaguars defense because that shouldn't have happened.
- I'd have to say the Saints are the favorite in the NFC right now.
- Can Bill O'Brien give old boss Bill Belichick a big fat Christmas present with a win over the Steelers today?
- The Chargers would be a frisky AFC wild card if they can get in.
- Still can't believe the Rams are going to the playoffs. What a job by Sean McVay.
- Considering how that Rams offense runs through Todd Gurley, you could make a compelling MVP argument for him with Tom Brady throwing interceptions in five-straight games. Still think Brady's season-long excellence should win out and hold off the trendy pick.
- Kyrie Irving vs. John Wall today. Merry Christmas indeed.
- Look for an Alex Cora feature by Sean McAdam posting at 11 a.m.
- Thank you all for a wonderful first five months for BSJ. Our start has been better than we ever dreamed, and we have so much more we will be doing in the New Year! Have a great day with family, friends and, of course, BSJ!
And away we go...
Bedard: Is Tom Brady’s interception streak cause for concern?
BSJ Game Report: Patriots 37, Bills 16 — Tight game becomes blowout thanks to D, Lewis
Notebook: Dion Lewis powers Patriots’ running game with career day vs. Bills
No drama involving Bills and Rob Gronkowski this time around
Bills vent their frustration after overturned TD: ‘Come on — that’s a touchdown’
Referee Craig Wrolstad explains overturned touchdown: ‘He was not able to get both feet down in bounds’
Live Coverage: Patriots keep rolling as Dion Lewis, Rob Gronkowski lead way in win over Bills
Video: Tom Brady on Gronkowski TD, Dion Lewis and win vs. Bills
Video: Dion Lewis talks about his career day
Video: Rob Gronkowski on his TD, Bills passing on him twice in the draft
Video: Deatrich Wise on the New England pass rush and his sack dances
Video: Bill Belichick on win over Bills after ‘tough week’ of preparation
Video: Shaq Mason on the offensive line and the work of Dion Lewis
Podcast: Bedard on Patriots postgame show 12.24.17
Photo gallery: Richins’ top shots from Bills-Patriots
12 p.m.: 76ers at Knicks (ESPN)
3 p.m.: Cavs at Warriors (ABC)
5:30 p.m.: Bullets at Celtics, ABC (Robb)
8 p.m.: Rockets at Thunder (ABC)
10:30 p.m.: T-Wolves at Lakers (TNT)
4:30 p.m.: Pittsburgh at Houston (NBC, NFL Network, Amazon)
8:30 p.m.: Oakland at Philadelphia (ESPN)
Oh that Andy Reid...
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.