A few random thoughts while I try to figure out when I'm going to find time to wrap presents:
- Thank you all for getting into the holiday spirit and giving the gift of BSJ. We've sold 183 gift subscriptions so far, and I anticipate we're just getting started. That's so awesome and we're so very thankful.
- Even if you haven't bought anything for your dad, mom, uncle, aunt, brother, sister or buddy, don't sweat it. You can still come to us at any point, buy a gift subscription and be out the door in about 2 minutes. And, yes, we're open on Christmas Day (and every day) in case you have a late family supper.
- A COUPLE IMPORTANT POINTS ON THE GIFT SUBS. No. 1: DO NOT fill it out for the gift recipient. You purchase it yourself by filling in YOUR information. You will receive an email which you forward to the recipient. They put in their login information and they're all set.
- CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDERS. We hear from people who say, 'I haven't received the email.' Chances are you have, it just went to spam. Search your emails for firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you sent us a help email and you're not hearing from us, CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. Chances are high that we've replied (sometimes multiple times) but you didn't get it because of your spam settings.
- With that out of the way ... underrated great sports day on tap as you have a Bruins-Celtics Garden doubleheader at 1 and 7, with NFL football in between and after. Good stuff.
- Tom Brady looked like he needed a day off on Friday.
- Has anyone done a wellness check on the Red Sox?
- This is really good stuff from Joe McDonald on the Bruins' power play. I definitely learned some things, and think you will too.
- Welcome to the family, BSN Denver. Good luck to you.
- Is it just me, or are you starting to tune into Bruins games to see what the kids (leading with Charlie McAvoy) might do? Is it weird to say that guys like Patrice Bergeron and Zdeno Chara are a little overlooked at this point? Ok, maybe I'm just crazy.
- Funniest moments of every Rob Gronkowski press conference: when he thinks he makes a hilarious joke (and it usually is), but the media doesn't laugh all that much. Gronk don't care — he keeps laughing at his joke ... for a while. There was a classic one on Friday, when he tried to bust Tom Brady's chops:
- Apparently I need to bone up on my Texas high school football because I did not know that John Stephen Jones is some sort of legend after leading Highland Park (same school that produced Clayton Kershaw and Matthew Stafford) to back-to-back state titles.
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, Y'ALL.
With less than a minute to go in the Texas 5A state championship, John Stephen Jones (grandson of Jerry Jones) throws a TD to give Highland Park its first lead of the game over Manvel. pic.twitter.com/aVH5WkK7Cd
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) December 23, 2017
And away we go...
Scouting Report: This isn’t your usual late-season Patriots-Bills matchup
Dr. Flynn’s Mailbag: Who has best shot to come off IR? Are smaller players prone to more injuries? And more
Bill Belichick, Tom Brady speak on Alex Guerrero situation
Burkhead (knee) and Branch (knee) downgraded to out for Sunday, which sets stage for Gillislee return
Completed Q&A: Bedard on Patriots/NFL & BSJ
1 p.m.: Red Wings at Bruins, NESN (McDonald)
4:30 p.m.: NFL — Colts at Ravens, NFL Network
7:30 p.m.: Bulls at Celtics, NBCSB (Robb)
8:30 p.m.: NFL — Vikings at Packers, NBC
This will be going at the Garden between games. Always fascinates me.
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam – Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price – Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb – Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald – Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon – Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (email@example.com), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, does a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- We just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots’ breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don’t talk about #BSJFightClub.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We’re going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We’re looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It’s crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Drop us a line at email@example.com.