A few random thoughts while I wonder what Kyrie Irving thinks about Halloween and Thanksgiving...
- Here's the thing about Charlie McAvoy: as good as he's been to this point, Ray Bourque was completely on another level. That's not a comment on McAvoy, but how we almost forget how good Bourque was so soon. It really stood out when researching Joe McDonald's story with Bourque. I thought it was fair to compare McAvoy and Bourque. I was way off.
- Joe's exactly right: last night's shootout victory is the type of win that could really pay off down the road. They had no business winning that game.
- It's something the Celtics couldn't do last night, but I tend to side with Brian Robb and Brad Stevens: they were in a tough spot, but at least they showed fight.
- NFL Films showed how the Steelers weren't prepared for the final play of the game against the Patriots. Mike Tomlin should have told Todd Haley to have another play during the review, not as they were on the field.
- The Jimmy G footage that has everyone swooning. Can't disagree. Not that big a deal to execute against that opponent. Bigger deal, to me, was how he anticipated exactly what they would see.
- RIP Dick Enberg. Pretty much the voice of my NFL childhood as he called all the big AFC games, and the PGA Tour. You heard his voice and you think of huge games at Mile High, Cleveland Stadium, the Orange Bowl, the Los Angeles Coliseum, Ralph Wilson Stadium ...
And away we go...
Bedard’s Breakdown: A rematch with the Steelers likely wouldn’t be a cakewalk
Live Q&A: Bedard on Patriots/NFL & BSJ, Noon
Another missed practice for Rex Burkhead could open door for Mike Gillislee
Unlocked story: How much of a concern is this Alex Guerrero/Bill Belichick rift for the Patriots?
Robb: Why it’s not time to panic about the Celtics’ slump
BSJ Game Report: Knicks 102, Celtics 93 — No answer for … Michael Beasley?
Video: Kyrie Irving on Beasley’s breakout, not being into ‘Hoopla of Christmas’
Live Coverage: Knicks 102, Celtics 93
Bruins gut out two points that could prove crucial in making the playoffs
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 2, Jets 1 (SO) — Character win for Boston
Live Coverage: Bruins 2, Jets 1 (shootout)
Bruins Gameday: Jets at Bruins — Krejci, McQuaid remain sidelined; Spooner, Nash, Marchand questionable
Completed Q&A: Joey Mac on Bruins
9 a.m.: Bill Belichick press conference (Bedard)
11 a.m.: Bruins practice, Warrior Ice Arena (McDonald)
Noon: BSJ Live Q&A — Bedard on Patriots/NFL and BSJ.
1:40 p.m.: Patriots locker room/Tom Brady (Bedard)
Happy birthday, Charlie. Now get your face raked.
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam – Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price – Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb – Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald – Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon – Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, does a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- We just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots’ breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don’t talk about #BSJFightClub.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We’re going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We’re looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It’s crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.
- Need help? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.