A few random thoughts while I think of ways to get defensive stops against Kelly Olynyk:
- A few leftover thoughts from the Alex Guerrero story, including the fact that some people might not think this fits with BSJ's overall mission statement. Look, I get it: some Patriots fans think this is a non-story that shouldn't be talked about. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and don't read it if you don't want to. But I wouldn't have written the story — or talked about it last week on Felger & Mazz — if I didn't think that it was significant. You don't have to share that opinion. I'm just telling you my thinking.
- I'm sorry, but when the man the franchise quarterback credits with all of his late-career success — which resulted in his successor being dealt to another team — is in conflict with the team and isn't as accessible to that player as he used to be due to actions taken by the team, that's a story.
- One of the popular questions to come out of this story: Is there a Jimmy Garoppolo component to this whole thing? I don't know that to be true, but I wouldn't rule it out.
- The bulk of the story — in fact, all of it — was ready to go Wednesday morning. But it was important to me to keep reporting and make sure the story was as accurate as possible. That's why it wasn't published until last night.
- The story pushed back the Steelers breakdown. That will be coming by lunchtime. Sorry for the delay.
- What was up with Jaylen Brown last night? Doesn't switch and then shows frustration? Hopefully he learns from it. He seemed to say the right things after the game.
- Will be interesting to see how the Celtics bounce back tonight in New York against the Knicks.
- The Bruins host the Jets tonight. There will be a lot of young talent on the display tonight. In addition to Boston's young guns, the Jets have Nikolaj Ehlers and Patrik Laine, who both have 17 goals.
- Miguel Benzan is dealing with a personal issue right now so you may not see his usual contributions for a period of time. Our thoughts are with him during this time, and he could probably use some good wishes if you want to reach out.
And away we go...
How much of a concern is this Alex Guerrero/Bill Belichick rift for the Patriots?
WR Kenny Britt on first impressions, new playbooks, and playing with the 'GOAT'
RB James White (ankle) one of 8 limited at practice Wednesday for Patriots
Video: CB Stephon Gilmore on facing his old team on Sunday
Video: WR Kenny Britt talks about his first game as a member of the Patriots
Video: Devin McCourty on the Patriots’ ability to force turnovers in the red zone
Notebook: Branch, Burkhead not spotted at practice
BSJ Game Report: Heat 90, Celtics 89 — Tension surfaces in Olynyk revenge game
Jayson Tatum suffers dislocated right pinky vs. Heat
Live Coverage: Heat 90, Celtics 89
Completed Q&A: BRobb on Celtics/NBA
Al Horford opens up on his stellar season and the unknown ceiling for these Celtics in a Q&A with B-Robb
11 a.m.: Bruins pregame skate, Warrior Ice Arena (McDonald)
3:15 p.m.: Patriots locker room (Price)
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — McDonald on Bruins/NHL.
7 p.m.: Jets at Bruins, NESN (McDonald)
8 p.m.: Celtics at Knicks, NBCSB/TNT (Robb)
Kelly Olynyk is dead now, but he died doing what he loved: getting revenge on the Celtics pic.twitter.com/ETbY5W1t75
— Crossover Report (@CrossoverReport) December 21, 2017
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam – Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price – Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb – Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald – Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon – Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, does a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- We just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots’ breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don’t talk about #BSJFightClub.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We’re going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We’re looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It’s crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.
- Need help? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.