Some random thoughts while I contemplate booking a session at TB12 to get stretched out...
- Will have some thoughts on the Globe's Alex Guerrero story (wonder where they got the idea for that one?) later today.
- And Bedard's Breakdown of the Steelers game. Need to go over the defensive film again to confirm a few things.
- Anton Khudobin didn't have a ton of work last night in Buffalo, but he was sharp and is always entertaining to watch. There are no routine saves with Dobby. Everything's an adventure.
- How many saves have Bruins players made the past couple of games? Torey Krug had a kick save and a beauty last night. Flashed the right leg.
- Come on, why can't the Celtics trade for Anthony Davis now? Let's just get it over with.
- Patriots right guard Shaq Mason absolutely got snubbed for the Pro Bowl team. Richie Incognito? Is that some sort of joke?
- And pssst, don't tell anyone, but David DeCastro is overrated. Average run blocker. Doesn't sustain blocks. Mason is twice the run blocker DeCastro is, and they comparable (DeCastro, slight edge) in pass protection.
- Welcome back to Boston, Tyler Vrabel. Yes, that's Mike's 6-8 tackle son.
And away we go...
Examining a pair of possible Pro Bowl snubs in New England
Should the Patriots be worried about the Bills targeting Rob Gronkowski on Sunday?
What does the Rex Burkhead injury news mean for the Patriots offense?
NFL Power Rankings: Change at No. 1 as postseason — and Christmas — looms
Podcast: Bedard on Felger & Mazz 12.19.17
Tracking Patriots contract incentives after Week 15
Completed Q&A: Talk Patriots with Price
Live Q&A: Joey Mac on Bruins (5 p.m. ET Thursday)
Contributions from Kevan Miller and Noel Acciari go beyond the box score
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 3, Sabres 0 — Dobby does it again
Live Coverage: Bruins 3, Sabres 0
Bruins are off.
9 a.m.: Bill Belichick press conference (Price)
3:45 p.m.: Patriots locker room (Price)
5:15 p.m.: Bruins player availability, Buffalo (McDonald)
7:30 p.m.: Heat at Celtics, NBCSB (McDonald)
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) December 20, 2017
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam – Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price – Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb – Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald – Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon – Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (email@example.com), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, does a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- We just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots’ breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don’t talk about #BSJFightClub.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We’re going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We’re looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It’s crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Drop us a line at email@example.com.