A few random thoughts while I wonder if Sean Grande did a great Johnny Most impersonation last night with Terry Rozier's steal and dunk to the Pacers.
Wild ending. ?
Terry Rozier gets the steal & wins it with the slam! pic.twitter.com/7l3WyuRoCh
— NBA TV (@NBATV) December 19, 2017
- I don't know about you, but all I could think about watching that play was the Patriots could use Rozier (former football safety) in the secondary. Rozier is 6-2 and 200 pounds. Good size. Great quickness.
- Kyrie Irving was absolutely filthy down the stretch in that game.
- A touchdown and an extra point for the B's against Columbus.
- How about Charlie McAvoy with the Gordie Howe hattrick? Pretty good fighter too.
Charlie McAvoy's first NHL fight vs. Pierre Luc Dubois pic.twitter.com/ljdw19HqxV
— Marina Molnar (@mkmolnar) December 19, 2017
- Well, she's not wrong.
- We'll see how the boys do tonight with a back-to-back in Buffalo.
- I still can't get over how much Steelers fans complain. Yes, we all realize the rule sucks, but it's the rule and generally applied pretty consistently.
- I do think, however, that Al Riveron does take a lot of leaps of faith that a ball is without-question on the ground when no camera angle really shows that definitively. It has to be clear and definitive.
- Garoppoloco? Well, go nuts. Apparently they are loving Jimmy G. out in the Bay Area.
And away we go...
Breaking down the ingredients to an improbable comeback in Indy
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 112, Pacers 111 – Rozier stole the ball, and a win
Live Coverage: Celtics 112, Pacers 111
Brad Stevens reveals a hidden benefit to the Celtics’ brutal schedule
McDonald: A simple but respected play should boost Anders Bjork
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 7, Blue Jackets 2 — The kids lead offensive explosion
Live Coverage: Bruins 7, Blue Jackets 2
View from Pittsburgh: Violent swings over final minutes leave Steelers stunned, angry
Week 14 Patriots’ offensive and defensive statistics from PFF
AFC Playoff Picture: Patriots seize command of postseason chase
Where does Sunday rank in the pantheon of Rob Gronkowski’s greatest games?
Red Sox re-sign first baseman Mitch Moreland
Hot Stove Lunch: Sox, Boras in battle of wills over length of Martinez contract; Dodgers-Braves blockbuster and more
Live Q&A: Red Sox and MLB with Sean McAdam
11 a.m.: Patriots conference calls (Price)
2-4 p.m.: Bedard in studio on Felger and Mazz (listen live)
5:15 p.m.: Bruins player availability, Buffalo (McDonald)
7:30 p.m.: Bruins at Buffalo Sabres, NESN & NBCSN (McDonald)
Could watch this over and over again.
— Celtics on NBCSB (@NBCSCeltics) December 19, 2017
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it’s the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam – Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price – Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb – Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald – Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon – Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, does a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- We just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots’ breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don’t talk about #BSJFightClub.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We’re going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We’re looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It’s crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.
- Need help? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.