Not a pretty night for New England sports on Monday evening. The Patriots and Celtics lost to sub .500 teams on the same night for the first time since November 1991 per Elias Sports. While the Patriots game wasn't pretty by any means, most of you were probably lucky to miss out on the Celtics' first true stinker of the season, where a 24-2 second quarter run essentially ended the game early for the Kyrie-less visitors.
From the Patriots' standpoint, I'm a bit shocked at the fact that the No. 3 seed is suddenly in play now if things go south in Pittsburgh. The Jaguars are 9-4 (I had to double check that too) and have a pretty easy schedule to close things out before a showdown with the Titans during Week 17. If they win out and the Patriots lose one game over the next three, that means no bye week for the Pats. Just some added motivation for the team for Sunday's huge showdown in Pittsburgh.
And away we go...
11 a.m.: Bruins practice, Warrior Ice Arena (McDonald)
Noon: Patriots conference calls (Price)
Well played NBC Chicago...
— Def Pen Hoops (@DefPenHoops) December 12, 2017
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it's the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam - Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price - Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb - Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald - Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon - Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, does a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- We just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots’ breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don’t talk about #BSJFightClub.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.
- Need help? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org