A few random thoughts while I figure out where the entertained/bored line is with this Celtics team:
- First of all, it's Pearl Harbor Day. Thought this selection of pictures was really impressive.
- In other, far less important dealings, I missed this yesterday. Apparently, Odell Beckham Jr. showed his firm grasp of reality — gee, I wonder why he's a coach killer (two down, No. 3 coming up) — by posting a video where it appears he's showing how he and Tom Brady are held to different standards.
A post shared by Odell Beckham Jr (@obj) on
- Yes, OBJ, the color of your skin is the only difference between you and Brady (if you ignore years of service, on and off-field track records, individual accomplishments, team accomplishments, charity dealings, and a million other things).
- Oh, right, and this:
- I'm running out of ways for OBJ to show he's a problem child.
- BTW, related to this, whoever inherits the Giants has to deal with OBJ and the fact that owner John Mara said in the summer that he anticipated giving OBJ a lucrative contract extension.
- For the sake of the franchise, Mara has backtracked a little bit in recent days. That's good because if he wants to hire anyone related to the Patriots (Nick Caserio, Scott Pioli, Josh McDaniels) or old-school Dave Gettleman, that OBJ contract extension is absolutely not going to happen. Or I would be completely floored if it did.
- That Hot Stove is piping hot, huh? At this rate, I'm expecting Matt Stairs to be the new power bat.
- The Celtics are 22-4. ... 22-4!
- I'm not sure exactly what's going on in the picture at the top of the page. But Kevin Bacon!
- The Bruins are healthy. Let's start moving, boys. Watch them lose at home tonight to the Coyotes. That would be typical of this group.
And away we go...
Bedard’s Breakdown: Frustrated Malcolm Butler can still cash in with big finish
With Rob Gronkowski sidelined, could a healthy Chris Hogan provide a boost?
Patscap mailbag: Questions on Shaq Mason, Gronk and Mike Gillislee
Video: Chris Hogan on returning to practice after shoulder injury
Video: Eric Rowe talks about working his way back into the Patriots’ defense
Tom Brady among those not spotted at start of Wednesday’s practice
Numbers game: Through 12 games, 12 stats that tell the story of the 2017 Patriots
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 97, Mavericks 90 — A short-handed rally
Video: Kyrie Irving, Al Horford, Jayson Tatum on win over Mavs
Live Coverage: Celtics 97, Mavericks 90
Completed Q&A: BRobb on Celtics/NBA
GET YOUR QUESTIONS IN: Live Q&A: Joey Mac on Bruins (5 p.m. ET Thursday)
Analysis: Breaking down the Bruins’ suddenly healthy offensive units
Anton Khudobin disappointed in Russia’s Olympic banishment
Updated Practice Notes: Krug, Spooner miss practice
11 a.m.: Bruins pregame skate, Warrior Ice Arena (McDonald)
3:45 p.m.: Patriots availability.
5 p.m.: Live Q&A — Joe McDonald on Bruins/NHL.
7 p.m.: Arizona Coyotes at Bruins, NESN (McDonald)
Happy 61st birthday to the one and only, Larry Bird. Let's drop 60 to celebrate.
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it's the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam - Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price - Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb - Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald - Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon - Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (email@example.com), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, does a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- We just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots’ breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don’t talk about #BSJFightClub.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Drop us a line at email@example.com